The Student Room Group

Medicine offers.. Now I have depression. I can't do this.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloesmith9
THANKYOU SOOOOOOO MUCH your words have touched me, thanks so much xx

Im going to try your maths technique that xx

have you done your Alevels ? X

No probs :smile:

I'm doing them in june! A few months of work left and then 3 months off where we can chill and do whatever we want!!
Reply 21
Original post by LadyEcliptic
What grades did you apply with if you don't mind me asking? Or did you resit?

No worries :smile: I know I can say just don't worry, but given I'm queen of worry I know it's easier said than done!! You'll be fine, good luck and let us know how you got on :smile:

I got AAB- did a biomedical sciences degree...with a 1st :smile:
Original post by SSS_JJJ
I got AAB- did a biomedical sciences degree...with a 1st :smile:

awesome, good luck with your application!! :h:
Reply 23
Original post by LadyEcliptic
awesome, good luck with your application!! :h:

Thanks :smile: Only have one interview:colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by SSS_JJJ
Thanks :smile: Only have one interview:colondollar::colondollar:

Its still better than none!
OP, tell the exam board/your school that you have depression if you miss your offer the the med schools might be lenient because of extenuating circumstances.
Reply 26
Thankyou!!!!! Where you off too for uni? I hope I can improve my grades, I tried so hard last year xx

Hey, I just wanted to tell you that one of my friends got the exact same grades as you at AS, but she pulled her weight in A2 and is now studying Medicine at Imperial!
I also am going to study there, god willing, I just need to get the grades. I've barely started revision due to getting okay-ish grades at AS which have made me complacent. So I kind of feel like you're in a better place than me! Lol, i need to start revising asap.
OP, I have depression too. I don't do the same subjects as you, but I found that it helped to revise in short bursts. I know its hard to manage the simplest tasks sometimes. Good luck :smile:
Reply 28
Thanks guys, just stressing over Biology, think I'll get another c sigh
Reply 29
Thanks guys, just stressing over Biology, think I'll get another c sigh

AQA Biology sucks ass, in unit 1 i got 72/100 but in unit 2 i did much better. Unit 1 biology was the exam I revised most for as well :confused::confused:

Where were you offers for medicine, I got 2 as well and am really stressing out about the grades as well.
Reply 30
Original post by Mo_maths
AQA Biology sucks ass, in unit 1 i got 72/100 but in unit 2 i did much better. Unit 1 biology was the exam I revised most for as well :confused::confused:

Where were you offers for medicine, I got 2 as well and am really stressing out about the grades as well.

How did you revise for it?

Kings college and manchester are my offers, UCL and Kings are my other options but not medicine got those two too,

well done x
Reply 31
How did you revise for it?

Kings college and manchester are my offers, UCL and Kings are my other options but not medicine got those two too,

well done x

Thanks you too :smile:

I like to spend the 7-4 week period before the exam making notes from the texbook and re- reading them, in the 4 week run in to the exam I do as many past papers as i can get hold of and simultaneously revisit my notes. Hope this helps :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending