The Student Room Group

lost my mbbs offer

Does anyone on here know how much is first year worth the whole MBBS degree at Brunel? I have heard first year don’t count towards the degree credits, is this true?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what happens if I am not able to pay tuition fees halfway through my medical degree in the UK? will I be accepted by any other medical school in the world (where its cheaper) to continue my studies or will I lose all the completed credits?
I got into a 5 year medical course in the uk however 5 years is a long time right now the financial situation of my dad is okay but I m not sure how it is likely to be in 2-3 years time and what will happen if I won't be able to pay in the future.
Reply 2
Original post by Rookie666
what happens if I am not able to pay tuition fees halfway through my medical degree in the UK? will I be accepted by any other medical school in the world (where its cheaper) to continue my studies or will I lose all the completed credits?
I got into a 5 year medical course in the uk however 5 years is a long time right now the financial situation of my dad is okay but I m not sure how it is likely to be in 2-3 years time and what will happen if I won't be able to pay in the future.

???
Reply 3
Guys I had to refer my offer at Brunel for MBBS to next year due to health issues and that my visa application was rejected due to insufficient finance.
I am really worried like what if they reject my deferral application 😟 how likely is a deferral accepted for medicine?
Reply 4
Guys I had to refer my offer at Brunel for MBBS to next year due to health issues and that my visa application was rejected due to insufficient finance.
I am really worried like what if they reject my deferral application 😟 how likely is a deferral accepted for medicine?

????

(Please try not to bump within a day of posting)

It's impossible to advise how likely it is as if the course considers deferrals at all, then they will take your circumstances into account. All you can do is await the official answer.
Reply 6
????

Can deferral request get rejected please guys tell me if you know
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
(Please try not to bump within a day of posting)

It's impossible to advise how likely it is as if the course considers deferrals at all, then they will take your circumstances into account. All you can do is await the official answer.

Their website says that deferrals are not normally considered but I did provide evidence of my circumstances eg letter from my gp letter from my current uni
Their website says that deferrals are not normally considered but I did provide evidence of my circumstances eg letter from my gp letter from my current uni

It could be rejected yes but they could also accept your mitcircs
No one will know any more than the information you stated from their website unfortunately. Hopefully they get back to you soon with an agreement to defer xx
Reply 9
Does anyone on here know how much is first year worth the whole MBBS degree at Brunel? I have heard first year don’t count towards the degree credits, is this true?

nope, 120 credits first year.
What are credits btw?
Reply 11
Original post by Chi chi5
It could be rejected yes but they could also accept your mitcircs
No one will know any more than the information you stated from their website unfortunately. Hopefully they get back to you soon with an agreement to defer xx

its been rejected :frown: they said that dont normally consider deferrals but i dont understand how being sick is normal? i even attached a gp letter as evidence. is there something i can do at this point??? eg; appeal as i think its just so unfair that i received an offer and when i could not make it this year due to extentuating circumstances they were the ones to offer me to apply for a deferral and when i applied they rejected it like srriously why??
its been rejected :frown: they said that dont normally consider deferrals but i dont understand how being sick is normal? i even attached a gp letter as evidence. is there something i can do at this point??? eg; appeal as i think its just so unfair that i received an offer and when i could not make it this year due to extentuating circumstances they were the ones to offer me to apply for a deferral and when i applied they rejected it like srriously why??

Im so sorry, it does seem a bit harsh but unfortunately it is within their right
You didn’t sit the UCAT this year did you??
Reply 13
Im so sorry, it does seem a bit harsh but unfortunately it is within their right
You didn’t sit the UCAT this year did you??

no i didnt :frown: this is why i m feeling really bad bcz i cant even apply for next year. but i really dont understand if being sick is normal then what is not normal for them? only if i say that im going to die
no i didnt :frown: this is why i m feeling really bad bcz i cant even apply for next year. but i really dont understand if being sick is normal then what is not normal for them? only if i say that im going to die

ugh im sorry, not sure if an appeal would work but youve nothing to lose
If they've said no after providing evidence then there is little point in appealing I'm afraid. If a uni says "not normally consisdered" then it's easier to interpret that as "we don't consider them, but have to remain open to individual circumstances if it was something very serious indeed".

Anecdotally, a huge number of deferred offer holders never take up their place so it is not in the unis interest to hold a spot for them, especially for something as competitive as med.
I can imagine how you feel, take a week or so out and do things you enjoy, protect your mental health

what about appealing your visa decision?

and then start planning to save for the visa fees and course fees so this situation doesn't happen next year, and get ready for the ucat after the new year..

I know it sucks and is unfair but you can get through this. the most important thing is to liase with your hoe countries student finance and work to save so your visa isnt rejected again.
Reply 17
I can imagine how you feel, take a week or so out and do things you enjoy, protect your mental health

what about appealing your visa decision?

and then start planning to save for the visa fees and course fees so this situation doesn't happen next year, and get ready for the ucat after the new year..

I know it sucks and is unfair but you can get through this. the most important thing is to liase with your hoe countries student finance and work to save so your visa isnt rejected again.

i just received email from them saying that i can appeal and the deadline is 7th november. do you think theres any chance? i really dont want to let go of this chnce. please advice me !! i didnt exaggerate mhy sickness ib the deferral letter as i didnt want to make it longer should i exxagerate it in the appeal do you think it will really make a difference?? i already provided them a letter by GP and letters from my current uni well being team which were all written well so im not sure if appeal would mke any. difference
i just received email from them saying that i can appeal and the deadline is 7th november. do you think theres any chance? i really dont want to let go of this chnce. please advice me !! i didnt exaggerate mhy sickness ib the deferral letter as i didnt want to make it longer should i exxagerate it in the appeal do you think it will really make a difference?? i already provided them a letter by GP and letters from my current uni well being team which were all written well so im not sure if appeal would mke any. difference

There’s nothing to lose, esp with a lot to gain. Go through all of their documents and admissions policies and see if you can find any hint of what may be covered under excircs

Best of luck!
Reply 19
Sorry you have been unwell and I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry you are in this position too.

One of the things about this for me is that as far as I can see from what you wrote, they suggested to you that you could defer or write to them to ask if you could defer.

And this gave you some kind of expectation that they would agree to you deferring, and as a consequence you didn't take the UCAT as you didn't think you would have to reapply? I don't know whether it was right or not to make this assumption or not, but is what happened.

And now as a consequence of this, its not just that you have lost your deferred place but also the possibility of applying elsewhere.

It sounds really really harsh when written down like that. I don't mean it to be, but it's the kind of point that I would be making in my appeal.

The main issue however is the reason for the request for a deferral and making absolutely sure you know the deferral/admissions policy and ensure that they have all the information they need to assess your appeal against their policy 😉

Good luck with it 🤞
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending