The Student Room Group

Why might my ex keep messaging?

After ~2 years we had a bad breakup following a few not serious ones before. This time he broke up with me and was an absolute **** etc.
Anyway that was maybe end of january.
He messaged once having a go for no reason and being a **** again.
I ignored him since, except when he messaged on my bday. I politely thanked him and ignored his offer to take me shopping.
Anyway I've basically ignored him since (and missed a facetime in that time) and now I'm back on holiday I contacted to get my stuff back - he was very moody when I didn't give him kisses and made me come pick it up. Anyway he keeps insisting now that I go shopping so he can make up for what I spend on his bday. And along text about how he was a **** etc. etc.
He keeps calling and asking what day and whatever - why would I want to go shopping with someone who keeps being moody ? I don't have an interest in having him as a friend.
Problem is he knows some of my friends and people I worked with and where I want to go back for summer so I can't be rude.
Tempted just to let him take me shopping so he doesn't feel 'guilty' and ignore him.
Advice?

Tl;dr - ex broke up with me and was a ****, ignored since but he keeps insisting on going shopping to make up for his bday presents.
Reply 1
Oh and because I kept 'ignoring him' (between 1am and midday when I was asleep) he unfollowed me on twitter and blocked me on fb (wasn't friends or following him but lol)
He sounds weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
He isn't over the break-up and is using any even slightly valid reason to try and see you so he can win you back.
He realised what he's missing and wants you back. So what you have got to do now is snap those fingers and strut away like the queen you are.
If you don't want to be friends with him, then don't feel like you have to be.

Walk away and feel the ego boost :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by littlesocksx
He sounds weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it weirded me out a bit..

Original post by Midlander
He isn't over the break-up and is using any even slightly valid reason to try and see you so he can win you back.

Hmm seems weird as he did it and made it very clear he wanted it then. seems a weird thing to do to be friends..

Original post by PricklyPorcupine
He realised what he's missing and wants you back. So what you have got to do now is snap those fingers and strut away like the queen you are.

love it :tongue: +1
He was always 'below my league' so to speak as he himself put it...

Original post by alea iacta est
If you don't want to be friends with him, then don't feel like you have to be.

Walk away and feel the ego boost :tongue:

can't rep more but yeah aha. He insulted me very badly after the break up that I decided then I didn't want to be friends with such a person..
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

Hmm seems weird as he did it and made it very clear he wanted it then. seems a weird thing to do to be friends..

He clearly realises he's made a mistake.
Reply 8
Original post by Midlander
He clearly realises he's made a mistake.

he just texted saying that he still cares and thought he could be a friend even if nothing more, he feels very guilty about his bday, that he treated me harshly etc, misses me and just couldn't cope. -.0
I guess it could just be guilt...
Reply 9
he just texted saying that he still cares and thought he could be a friend even if nothing more, he feels very guilty about his bday, that he treated me harshly etc, misses me and just couldn't cope. -.0
I guess it could just be guilt...

He isn't being realistic, at least not in the short term. You seem to be doing fine without him and he doesn't like that as clearly he's finding things tougher. I
After ~2 years we had a bad breakup following a few not serious ones before. This time he broke up with me and was an absolute **** etc.
I ignored him since, except when he messaged on my bday. I politely thanked him and ignored his offer to take me shopping.
Anyway I've basically ignored him since (and missed a facetime in that time) and now I'm back on holiday I contacted to get my stuff back - he was very moody when I didn't give him kisses and made me come pick it up. Anyway he keeps insisting now that I go shopping so he can make up for what I spend on his bday. And along text about how he was a **** etc. etc.
He keeps calling and asking what day and whatever - why would I want to go shopping with someone who keeps being moody ? I don't have an interest in having him as a friend.
Problem is he knows some of my friends and people I worked with and where I want to go back for summer so I can't be rude.
Tempted just to let him take me shopping so he doesn't feel 'guilty' and ignore him.
Advice?

Tl;dr - ex broke up with me and was a ****, ignored since but he keeps insisting on going shopping to make up for his bday presents.

He isn't over you and is using this "shopping" thing as an excuse to want to see you and hang out with you and hopefully either talk you round, or otherwise be moody. I recommend that if he really really wants to get rid of his guilt for his bday presents, text him your bank details, and ask him to put some money in your account. That should shut him up, and then you get a bit of cash out of it.
Reply 11
Original post by stargirl63
He isn't over you and is using this "shopping" thing as an excuse to want to see you and hang out with you and hopefully either talk you round, or otherwise be moody. I recommend that if he really really wants to get rid of his guilt for his bday presents, text him your bank details, and ask him to put some money in your account. That should shut him up, and then you get a bit of cash out of it.

That would explain why he made me come pick up my stuff rather than give it to my friend.
Don't really see how him throwing a fit when I don't reply overnight would make me want to go shopping...
Lol, was tempted to send him my amazon wishlist. He deserves it :tongue:
Advice?

Don't give in. Tell him to go away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That would explain why he made me come pick up my stuff rather than give it to my friend.
Don't really see how him throwing a fit when I don't reply overnight would make me want to go shopping...
Lol, was tempted to send him my amazon wishlist. He deserves it :tongue:

Well if he wants you back, he's going about it all the wrong way. He needs to give you peace. If he continues to pester you about his guilt and him owing money to you, give him your bank details, give him your wishlist on Amazon and just tell him that if he needs to buy you something, he doesn't have to see you to do it.
Reply 14
Original post by stargirl63
Well if he wants you back, he's going about it all the wrong way. He needs to give you peace. If he continues to pester you about his guilt and him owing money to you, give him your bank details, give him your wishlist on Amazon and just tell him that if he needs to buy you something, he doesn't have to see you to do it.

Ahh yeah, it wouldn't work anyway :tongue:
If he asks again I think I may refer him to the necklace I sent him that I wanted before we broke up. That would be fine right? A nice necklace to match some earrings I have :tongue:
Ahh yeah, it wouldn't work anyway :tongue:
If he asks again I think I may refer him to the necklace I sent him that I wanted before we broke up. That would be fine right? A nice necklace to match some earrings I have :tongue:

I dont think its alright to do that.
Reply 16
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
I dont think its alright to do that.

any better than his idea of going shopping and me having to point things out though? If he feels so guilty it might stop him..
any better than his idea of going shopping and me having to point things out though? If he feels so guilty it might stop him..

I agree with the other person that I wouldn't do that if I were you. Reason being, a necklace is of sentimental value, firstly, it's something you would get someone for their birthday or to represent something. Secondly, he may want to meet with you to give it to you. If you have a gift in mind, but don't want to give him bank details for whatever reason, then ask him for like an itunes voucher or something else which anyone/random friend would give to you,

I still recommend the bank details thing...it's minimum fuss and he can figure out however much he wants to contribute, it's not like you're asking him for the money. He's offering it.
Reply 18
Advice?

LOL He wants that a**, I would say ignore him that's the best thing for you in the long term

Why do you have to take anything off him at all?

So what if he wants to buy you something? He has an ulterior motive here...

Plus, you dont have to accept just cos he is offering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending