The Student Room Group

Covering my books

Back in the day at secondary school, we would be made to cover our textbooks with whatever was suitable. Cereal packets... wallpaper.... all to make the books last longer.

Now I'm at uni, and intend to take my textbooks in my bag pretty much daily, I'm looking for a way to protect them.

I was wondering where it is possible to buy those clear plastic book covers, that go over the outside? Similar to those that libaries use for their books. I finally feel that I'm at a point in my life where I can splash out on such an item, and not use wallpaper.
Reply 1
From my experiance at uni, I never really carried a bag? Always did at school and just carried my file and books in they where neccersary... i might just of been odd and made life harder for myself :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Office world I would think. you can also get the clear sticky laminate that teachers use there too, I think, and that tends to work well too.

You know, if you just be careful with your bag, not throw it down stairs, not roll it down the hill and not start bag fights with it, then generally books don't get trashed. :wink:
Reply 3
Go for the thing they love using on Blue Peter...sticky back plastic.

:biggrin:
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies. I'll give office world a look.

I couldn't be done with carrying my textbooks around with me. They are fine in the bag, which I'll like to add isn't subjected to being thrown down the stairs, nor bag fights. Just don't want the corners being scruffed up.

I've done sticky back plastic on smaller books, but this is a no no. I may just laminate them.
Reply 5
bowdeni
Thanks for the replies. I'll give office world a look.

I couldn't be done with carrying my textbooks around with me. They are fine in the bag, which I'll like to add isn't subjected to being thrown down the stairs, nor bag fights. Just don't want the corners being scruffed up.

I've done sticky back plastic on smaller books, but this is a no no. I may just laminate them.

It's the rolling down the hill which does it then. :p:
Reply 6
You can also reinforce the corners and spine with scotch tape (the easily removable kind) before you put the plastic book slips on. Works even better ;yes;

Latest

Trending

Trending