The Student Room Group

Should I get an iMac for college

So, I'm entering college this Fall and I would like to ask if getting a new iMac would be a good idea. I would be living in a single room so no roommate to worry about, but I want ask is it safe that people won't come to my room and steal it. Should I get an iMac or not?
Reply 1
Why do you need an iMac? I would say it's better to buy other things that you might need instead of lumping it all on such an expensive item.
Get a mac air. Much better and it is portable so you can take it with you to college.

What do you need it for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apple products are overpriced and overrated, spend your money elsewhere.
Reply 4
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Get a mac air. Much better and it is portable so you can take it with you to college.

What do you need it for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advise but I already have two MacBooks so I'm just missing out on a desktop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Thanks for the advise but I already have two MacBooks so I'm just missing out on a desktop.

Two Macbooks?! Why do you need an iMac then? Spend the money on more useful things. What subject are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by Pictraz
Two Macbooks?! Why do you need an iMac then? Spend the money on more useful things. What subject are you doing?

Something that doesn't require more than a cpu graphics...
Reply 7
Original post by toonervoustotalk

What do you need it for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, don't get a Mac Air. They're have worse specs and are just as portable as the new Macbook Pros. The Macbook Pros are much thinner now, there isn't that much difference between them and the Airs.
No. Your money would be better spend on something else! A normal windows laptop/ desktop will do.

Quick Reply

Latest