The Student Room Group

Cambridge Colleges - which to apply to for Economics?

Hi! I'm interested in applying to Cambridge for Economics. I shortlisted Corpus Christi, Clare, Gonville and Caius, and Trinity College. All of them are equally good for Economics, so I was wondering to get a more qualitative view on this.

I was wondering where I should apply, and would love it if I could get some advice. I do want a active social life - going to pubs, socializing etc. I don't mind being in a smaller or larger college. Other than that I'd like facilities like gyms and a good sporting culture.

Let me know where I should apply!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I'm interested in applying to Cambridge for Economics. I shortlisted Corpus Christi, Clare, Gonville and Caius, and Trinity College. All of them are equally good for Economics, so I was wondering to get a more qualitative view on this.

I was wondering where I should apply, and would love it if I could get some advice. I do want a active social life - going to pubs, socializing etc. I don't mind being in a smaller or larger college. Other than that I'd like facilities like gyms and a good sporting culture.

Let me know where I should apply!

There's no real, consistent link between subject and College, so the question which is the best College for [subject] is meaningless. All Colleges change their populations by about 30% every year, the point of being a student is that you can set or influence the vibe of your College re sporty, social, musical etc and the vibe can vary year-on-year depending on the new Freshers. The Fellows and the architecture don't define that.

I'm not aware of any Colleges that have 'good gyms'. The economics of 'good gyms' doesn't work for Colleges with very few students who genuinely want to pay to keep them going, bar a few rowers and weights.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending