The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Old_Simon
Rooney so far over 135 minutes: 2 x penalties 1 x goal line scramble / keeper mess up 1 x decent long range effort. Summary: 1 quality goal in open play.
So harsh. "Decent"? It was a brilliant goal. And the other wasn't really a keeper mess up, it was a defender mess up but he still had to make the run and finish it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by phish food
So harsh. "Decent"? It was a brilliant goal. And the other wasn't really a keeper mess up, it was a defender mess up but he still had to make the run and finish it.

We will see.
How good would we be if Rooney could actually put in consistently good performances for 90 minutes? We'd play so much better.
Original post by NathanW18
Also, LVG's played Kagawa as one of our CM's in both games. Will that be his position from now on?

Not really seen much of the games but depends how the 3-5-2 is setup. I'd love it if he played Mata and Kagawa together in front of a CDM because their linkup play is really nice. In all honesty I think he'll be a benchwarmer again next season lol, which is a shame, because I rate that guy so much
Original post by Old_Simon
IMHO Rooney is rubbish. There.

I don't know about rubbish but I greatly dislike him as a person and as a player. Treats his position at UTD like people treat 9-5s in an office job.

Wouldn't mind if we offloaded him. We won't be doing that though, not in this window anyway.
Cleverley made a right c**k up of that. LvG said he will play the full 90 yet was subbed off, which says a lot
I think LVG gave Cleverly the captains armband to see how he would respond to the extra responsibility. Maybe it would have caused him to play better but I guess he couldn't handle it. Completely non existent in the first half.
We're top of the group! We're top of the group! We're Manchester United and we're top of the group!

2 Games, 2 Wins, 10 Goals.

The LVG effect.

GOAT.

PSx1: Cleverley and Nani are ****.

PSx2: Rooney was the difference.

PSx3: We're top of the group. United > Inter > Madrid > Roma.
Original post by Manchester United
We're top of the group! We're top of the group! We're Manchester United and we're top of the group!

2 Games, 2 Wins, 10 Goals.

The LVG effect.

GOAT.

PSx1: Cleverley and Nani are ****.

PSx2: Rooney was the difference.

PSx3: We're top of the group. United > Inter > Madrid > Roma.

Its pre-season calm down. Can't imagine the cringe worthiness if you start the season on fire, which I expect, looking at your fixture list. You and Eborecaum may spout **** like LVG is the second coming of Fergie etc and then when the tougher fixtures come round and your limitations get exposed start calling for his head :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Its pre-season calm down. Can't imagine the cringe worthiness if you start the season on fire, which I expect, looking at your fixture list. You and Eborecaum may spout **** like LVG is the second coming of Fergie etc and then when the tougher fixtures come round and your limitations get exposed start calling for his head :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stopped reading after I noticed you spelt Eboracum wrong.
I stopped reading after I noticed you spelt Eboracum wrong.

That's because it's not worth going to the trouble of learning how to spell his name right. Do not appreciate fair weather fans like him, also I expect he gets a kick of being the most reactionary Utd fan on this thread. Calling for Hummels/Vidal/Reus in every post when you won't get any of them is outrageously delusional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Van Gaal put all his faith into Cleverley by giving attention to him in the press conference and giving him the captains armband. Clearly it hasn't worked as he has been average in this game and even the last game where we thrashed LA Galaxy. It says a lot when Van Gaal said he would play the full 90 and he then proceeds to take him off. This shows it wasn't the "Moyes effect", as he has ranged from average to poor across three different managers. If you ask me, he is an average footballer who is living off his reputation from those few games at the start of the 11-12 season (the ones where he was paired with Anderson in a midfield two). He isn't United quality (not even squad quality IMO).

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was far more cringeworthy when Arsenal fans were getting giddy and talking about winning the league in October. After beating poor teams at home.
Original post by NathanW18
It was far more cringeworthy when Arsenal fans were getting giddy and talking about winning the league in October. After beating poor teams at home.

We were on top for four months though. There will come a point where the madness of LVG will result in United's rep being tarnished, perhaps one of the reasons Mourinho was not chosen by Fergie, but Moyes was, as he was viewed as a 'safe pair of hands'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's going to be hilarious when Manchester United falter again this season. Maybe their fans will finally realise that they are not the biggest club in the world and their side is, in fact, dire.
Original post by Londonboy1234
It's going to be hilarious when Manchester United falter again this season. Maybe their fans will finally realise that they are not the biggest club in the world and their side is, in fact, dire.

Kit deals and shirt sales would suggest otherwise :P
Kit deals and shirt sales would suggest otherwise :P

Just wait until Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich announce their new kit deals.

Club size doesn't relate to league position. United are still the 3rd most valuable sports team in the world, only behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Original post by h3isenberg
Club size doesn't relate to league position. United are still the 3rd most valuable sports team in the world, only behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.

So they're not the biggest.

Never have been and never will.
So they're not the biggest.

Never have been and never will.

Actually my bad. They were the third most valuable sports team, now they are the most valuable. Sorry to burst your bubble.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45fdhk/no-1-manchester-united/

Latest