The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
Doubt we'll get Cavani unless Rooney goes the other way.

Agree we won't get fabregas, reus, or kroos coming.

I think we have a decent shot at Di Maria. Vidal is unlikely, but a possibility. Possibility on Garay. Apparently Sead Kolasinac is an almost done deal.

Shaw, Garay, Vidal, Di Maria, Kolasinac ALONE would significantly strengthen our squad. And I don't think that's unrealistic tbh.

Di Maria is having one of his best seasons at madrid, absolutely bossing it atm, if you bid last summer you may have got him but not this summer. I hope you do get Cavani, just to waste your budget on someone you dont need and it would highlight some concern in your transfer targeting. You wouldnt get Shaw and Kolasnic imo, kolasnic would be the safer option I think in terms of return on investment but then again Shaw is already proven in the league. Wrt Vidal, i think it largely depends on how well he does for Chile this WC and if he attracts more attention.

Original post by sr90

Cavani doesn't make any sense, we'd have to sell one of Rooney/RVP and one of Welbeck/Hernandez. There's several PSG players who I would take ahead of him. If Woodward is that desperate for a 'galactico' type signing then go all out for a midfielder or even a winger...

Dont Welbeck/Hernandez want to leave? Either way I agree that it would be a stupid signing but would be hilarious from a neutral point of view that even when moyes is gone you are targeting the wrong positions to improve. Still sticking with Shaw, Carvalho, Garay and potentially Vidal but either one of time or money will probably run out before you get a top class winger, still would be pretty successful summer for you guys
Reply 81
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Di Maria is having one of his best seasons at madrid, absolutely bossing it atm, if you bid last summer you may have got him but not this summer. I hope you do get Cavani, just to waste your budget on someone you dont need and it would highlight some concern in your transfer targeting. You wouldnt get Shaw and Kolasnic imo, kolasnic would be the safer option I think in terms of return on investment but then again Shaw is already proven in the league. Wrt Vidal, i think it largely depends on how well he does for Chile this WC and if he attracts more attention.

Dont Welbeck/Hernandez want to leave? Either way I agree that it would be a stupid signing but would be hilarious from a neutral point of view that even when moyes is gone you are targeting the wrong positions to improve. Still sticking with Shaw, Carvalho, Garay and potentially Vidal but either one of time or money will probably run out before you get a top class winger, still would be pretty successful summer for you guys

Yep, he's bossing it but they'd still shift him. They've always made that clear afaik. Kolasnic would be pretty cheap and provide cover in a few positions [already has a deal on the table apparently], so for me he'd make sense along with shaw. We won't get cavani unless rooney goes the other way, not a chance. I'd say we have more chance for di maria than Vidal though; we'll have to overpay like hell if we want Vidal. Somebody like lars bender would do fine really there too. I'm not THAT worried about vidal.

Fergie really screwed us over with pogba.

Summer of : Shaw Garay Bender/Carvalho Kolasnic Di Maria would be just peachy for me along with slowly selling off the ****ters., I'd also prefer to get rid of rooney for cavani, but that's personal preference I guess.

Vidal as an Outlier, Possibly Hummels or something too (though I think that's a dream )
Reply 82
Long time Man utd supporter posting after much stalking.

Just thought I'd vent my frustration at how many people are backing Giggs to be manager, especially Hansen who's hoping to keep us quiet for years to come. Don't really know what is taking the Board & Glazers so long with Van Gaal but now Sky have said they're looking at others :sigh:
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

Welbeck will probably stay under the new manager, his contract is up in 2 years so he probably just put that story out into the public domain to get himself a new deal. Hernandez will have to leave I reckon, especially if we have no European football next season. Our squad is far too big to be playing 1 game per week.
hope we get conte
Original post by F_shakeey
Don't really know what is taking the Board & Glazers so long with Van Gaal but now Sky have said they're looking at others :sigh:

Is that a bad thing though? It's a sign they are going about the process properly, which is what they should have done 12 months ago instead of offering the job to someone woefully under qualified without an interview.
Reply 86
We should offload Hernandez tbh he will never be a regular starter under us and I'd prefer Welbeck as a sub than him.
If we swap Cavani for Rooney would be interesting to see how next manager deals with RVP and Cavani if RVP doesn't get injured much next season...
Reply 87
Original post by F_shakeey
Long time Man utd supporter posting after much stalking.

Just thought I'd vent my frustration at how many people are backing Giggs to be manager, especially Hansen who's hoping to keep us quiet for years to come. Don't really know what is taking the Board & Glazers so long with Van Gaal but now Sky have said they're looking at others :sigh:

Yeahh i think it's a good thing that they're taking their time, so we can get the best!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2663614&p=47349991#post47349991

Started a thread for the U21 Premier League play-offs. United won the first edition of this tournament last season so we're looking to retain it. Citeh play Chelsea on Thursday in one semi final, we go to Anfield Friday night. Should be a fun week.

LFC have confirmed tickets for the game are £5 adults and £1 concessions in the Kop grandstand but arrangements for United fans are, well, a complete shambles to put it mildly. LFC's customer service is atrocious. We've been trying to find out all day what the deal is for United fans going there Friday as away supporters is and have got absolutely nowhere. But we're all going anyway, even if we end up in the Kop!

Just like a team, that's gonna win the U21 league AGAIN ... we shall not be moved!
Reply 89
Original post by Dirtybit
We should offload Hernandez tbh he will never be a regular starter under us and I'd prefer Welbeck as a sub than him.
If we swap Cavani for Rooney would be interesting to see how next manager deals with RVP and Cavani if RVP doesn't get injured much next season...

You'd prefer Welbeck as a sub to Hernandez? You're entitled to your opinion but I'd really like to see your justification.
Reply 90
Original post by qasidb
You'd prefer Welbeck as a sub to Hernandez? You're entitled to your opinion but I'd really like to see your justification.

Welbeck will trackback and as we all know a hard worker...I know Hernandez has a high goal to match ratio or whatever and is more likely to score when bringing him on. But like he would never be contempt as being that guy and if Cavani and RVP are both injured, i'd rather see Welbeck starting games than Hernandez. If Welbeck can just improve his finishing (which he has time to), he will better a better player than Hernandez imo.
Possible starting 11 team after the summer transfer window imo

DDG
Rafael Jones Garay Shaw/Kolasinac
Carrick Strootman Carvalho/Kroos
Reus /Winger RVP Mata

In: Garay, Kolasinac (don't buy the Shaw stories tbh), Strootman (seems likely since he's LVG's man), Kroos/Carvalho (former might be tempted but unlikely, latter has been touted as a done deal) and an exciting winger/Reus (LVG might aim for a marquee winger since he's style of play relies on one (Valencia wont cut it, Young is **** and Nani is most likely going to leave). All these signings depend on whether we have LVG as our manager tbh.
Reply 93
Don't think anyone from BVB will be going to United this summer tbh
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't think anyone from BVB will be leaving this summer tbh

I have a feeling Lewandowski will be leaving.
Reply 95
Original post by sr90
I have a feeling Lewandowski will be leaving.

Shame on me to forget him... :ashamed:
Apart from reus+griezmann any othr wingers who we could get that r realistic?
Reply 97
Original post by sr90
Is that a bad thing though? It's a sign they are going about the process properly, which is what they should have done 12 months ago instead of offering the job to someone woefully under qualified without an interview.

Yeahh i think it's a good thing that they're taking their time, so we can get the best!

Funnily enough my friend said that to me too, whilst it's a good point if we win our remaining games (likely considering who we're playing though Sunderland might give us a game) then the 'Giggs 4 manager and class of 92 coaching staff' will gain immense support. Also Van Gaal is getting impatient. Aside from him who is realistic? Klopp and Guardiola both publicly rejected us, Ancelotti is very unlikely and Simeone imo is a risk building a massive club up again and getting backing from the board, players and fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Well it's looking like it's LVG despite Sky saying we're considering other candidates. I very much doubt it. Ancelotti has re-affirmed his desire to stay at Real.

IMO, if it's LVG then get it done asap. He's starting prep for Holland in over a week and at least, if he has a week the club can run through targets and he can identify the ones he wants and let the club do the work whilst he is at the WC. Also if Giggs is going to be his number two then maybe he could be used as the meet and greet for prospective players in terms of talking to them, persuading them to join because he can use his reputation and prestige to charm players. I mean it's not it's Steve Round/Lumsden/Phil Neville as LVG's number two so Giggs might as well be involved whilst LVG is busy.
We won't get any of those top tier names. I can see shaw carvalho in but Vidal? Kroos? Behave.

Ideally would like more than one midfielder tbh

Latest