The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes but the season ends at 6pm today not "next week".
Original post by Old_Simon
Yes but the season ends at 6pm today not "next week".

Therefore it will happen from tomorrow onwards. Giggs is going to be given his day.

It's done deal van gaal wants the job badly, it's just better to get the season over first rather than take the light off Giggs, would have been disrespectful to him to announce before seasons over. Even if BS reports are to be believed and we're waiting to try Mourinho one last time :rolleyes: the season will end, we won't get him and will finalise van gaal.

Ether way it'll be Van Gaal next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every Manchester United fan in the country will be supporting City today. Thank you David Moyes for letting things get this bad!

Here's to a big City win!
Reply 1183
Original post by sr90
Every Manchester United fan in the country will be supporting City today. Thank you David Moyes for letting things get this bad!

Here's to a big City win!

I know a few muppets who will be supporting Liverpool :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question guys, after much googling I still can't find the right answer.

When can we officially announce signings and finalise deals after today? According to Google in England the window opens 1st July, but that is obviously BS as we signed countless players in June before, Kagawa for example was early June I believe.

So I'm confused :confused:

Can we get deals done basically from tomorrow onwards? June 1st? July 1st? (Which makes no sense as mentioned before). We need most if not all of our business done asap due to WC etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1185
Original post by hayles101
Question guys, after much googling I still can't find the right answer.

When can we officially announce signings and finalise deals after today? According to Google in England the window opens 1st July, but that is obviously BS as we signed countless players in June before, Kagawa for example was early June I believe.

So I'm confused :confused:

Can we get deals done basically from tomorrow onwards? June 1st? July 1st? (Which makes no sense as mentioned before). We need most if not all of our business done asap due to WC etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can sign them at any point but IIRC they don't "officially" become your player till July 1st?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
You can sign them at any point but IIRC they don't "officially" become your player till July 1st?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So basically after the season ends today their can be announcements about players at any stage even as early as mid May for example?

Can't think of anyone we have signed that early before tbh but I'm sure we may have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
So basically after the season ends today their can be announcements about players at any stage even as early as mid May for example?

Can't think of anyone we have signed that early before tbh but I'm sure we may have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile: it's like how Bayern signed Gotze in (April?) last year, but for obvious reasons not many clubs are interested in announcing it at that time. I hope, and believe that Woodward and co have started the hunt and began negotiations with clubs for possible transfers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Yeah :smile: it's like how Bayern signed Gotze in (April?) last year, but for obvious reasons not many clubs are interested in announcing it at that time. I hope, and believe that Woodward and co have started the hunt and began negotiations with clubs for possible transfers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few seasons ago Arsenal announced the signing of Podolski in mid march!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its pretty much irrelevant, the bottom line is you can sign players whenever you like. Ter Stegen for example is going to Barca, we know it, he's basically said it, he had a medical in Feb, everyone has known since way back, but it hasn't be announced and he can't move. But for playing purposes he'll be at Barca next season, the deal is done. We could already have players signed up. We signed Hernandez in April for example.
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone who understands the rivalry wouldn't want the scouse to win it. Ever. That day in 2012 was one of the worst in my life, I felt awful. I want every Liverpool fan to be feeling the same way come 5pm this evening. Nothing personal.
Dream scenario:

Pool winning, City loosing, Scousers think they've won

and then in the 92nd minute...

Sergioooooooooooo aguerrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooo
Original post by Fizzel
Its pretty much irrelevant, the bottom line is you can sign players whenever you like. Ter Stegen for example is going to Barca, we know it, he's basically said it, he had a medical in Feb, everyone has known since way back, but it hasn't be announced and he can't move. But for playing purposes he'll be at Barca next season, the deal is done. We could already have players signed up. We signed Hernandez in April for example.

Does anyone think we already have players signed then? You'd think Woodward would be aware he has to have the transfer window dreams are made of to save from the embarrassment of last year. If I was him I'd have been a very very busy bee already and would have 80% of work done already. Manager or no manager.

**** knows though after the shambles that was last summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a truly awful choice. !!!!
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am curious about this too. My guess is that you can sign anybody at any time but they can only be "registered" - hence elegible to play in the windows. That gives us potentially a body of signed but unannounced transfers.
Original post by Stopmessing
Dream scenario:

Pool winning, City loosing, Scousers think they've won

and then in the 92nd minute...

Sergioooooooooooo aguerrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooo

Or a Andy Carroll own goal with a Stuart downing assist, :moon:.
I am curious about this too. My guess is that you can sign anybody at any time but they can only be "registered" - hence elegible to play in the windows. That gives us potentially a body of signed but unannounced transfers.

But surely that couldn't be as if it was truly the case, that we had players signed on the dotted line which we were waiting to be announced, surely it would be ALL over the press. Mark Ogden would be all over it.

Plus why not annouce it like other clubs, someone said Arsenal announced Podolski in April.

Sadly, I don't think we have anyone yet. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samiz20891
Or a Andy Carroll own goal with a Stuart downing assist, :moon:.

Haha

You can imagine the RAWK breakdown

"They're deliberately trying to **** it up for us, bitter *****"

:lol:

Well it is undignified for a player to play when he signed to another club for the following season. Hence all parties have a strong interest in secrecy / confidentiality. We just don't know. But the principle seems sound. Any two clubs can agree anything at any time. They just can't be "registered".
I aren't confident we'll sign anyone until Van Gaal gets here

Why would any player sign for a manager-less club who finished 7th? They wouldn't know of the intentions of the new manager and there would be nothing but doubt.

Latest