The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Brynmor Jones Library

Okay I graduated in 2011 from Hull and returned last week to watch football and ended up going for a quick tour of the campus.

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on in the library? Looks like its being transformed into some art deco building. I notice Allam has a new building opposite. He bought a lecture hall in the business school when I was around but its good he is hungry for more investment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
It's being redeveloped at the moment - http://www2.hull.ac.uk/lli/bjl-redevelopment.aspx
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
It was long overdue, the state of the library before it was redeveloped was ****ing awful, and I do not know how students coped as it was basically untouched since the 1970's.
Reply 3
Original post by Charliemouse
It was long overdue, the state of the library before it was redeveloped was ****ing awful, and I do not know how students coped as it was basically untouched since the 1970's.

Yep I agree. Did look a bit dated and they did well with the east wing extension but the main area was still pretty dire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The library is now a Liquorice Allsort. Anyone caught trying to eat it will be severely reprimanded.
Reply 5
Original post by ComradeLeo
The library is now a Liquorice Allsort. Anyone caught trying to eat it will be severely reprimanded.

Banned?

Quick Reply

Latest