The Student Room Group

New Testament Greek

Hi any advice on best way to start studying New Testament Greek
It’s taught on the degree I want to take at Uni in 2024 so would like to start so I’m familiar never studied Greek before
Would I benefit from a course, independent study through beginners books or a tutor
Thanks
Original post by Hugobarr1
Hi any advice on best way to start studying New Testament Greek
It’s taught on the degree I want to take at Uni in 2024 so would like to start so I’m familiar never studied Greek before
Would I benefit from a course, independent study through beginners books or a tutor
Thanks

Not my area at all but I've just started on Peter Jones' 'Learn Ancient Greek' and according to him that will bring you up to a standard to read parts of the Bible. Presuming that Ancient Greek is the same as NTGreek than the Beginner to GCSE books by John Taylor should be good.

I'd also highly recommend picking up a tutor if this is your first foreign language as that really helped me with my Latin GCSE back in the day!

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Great thanks so much will look into the above
Will also start with a tutor to get me going then progress to the two names you advised 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Original post by Majungasaurus
Not my area at all but I've just started on Peter Jones' 'Learn Ancient Greek' and according to him that will bring you up to a standard to read parts of the Bible. Presuming that Ancient Greek is the same as NTGreek than the Beginner to GCSE books by John Taylor should be good.

I'd also highly recommend picking up a tutor if this is your first foreign language as that really helped me with my Latin GCSE back in the day!

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending