The Student Room Group

Should you revise on the morning of an exam?

I'm doing gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alicetpenny

I'm doing gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile

I normal quick flick revision guid or just read over notes or nothing at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what time your exam is. I never do any intense revision the morning if an exam if it's a morning exam, I only look over flashcards, however if my exam doesn't start until 3, then yeah, I revise in the morning and stop at lunch time.
Original post by alicetpenny

I'm doing gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile

It totally depends your revision style and what works for you.

I seem to take information on much better the morning of the exam and so last minute revision has always worked best for me. Most of my friend's however prescribe to the 'if I don't know it already I'm not going to' school of thought.

Obviously always revise before the day as well.
I always did, I'd flick through my guides or do some questions. If my exam was in the afternoon I'd go to the library and revise before going to school :smile:
I always revise on the day of the exam. Use the revision guides.not the big textbooks as they have too much info. The only thing you shouldnt do is ask fellow students questions and topics that they revised because lets say you have forgotten that topic you would get anxious and your exam result would decrease.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I rarely do any intensive revision because I find it wears my mind out and I'd rather stay fresh for the exam, but I always make a little revision card with key points (usually a few pieces of A4 paper) just to look through on my way to the exam/when waiting before the exam.
Reply 7
Of course. On exam days, I always wake up at around 5 or 6 am at the latest, sometimes a little before 5. It's not exactly going to make a huge difference, but it certainly helps. Especially if you have a 9am exam. Even if it's a 2pm exam, I always like to wake up very early on an exam day.
Original post by Stinkum
Of course. On exam days, I always wake up at around 5 or 6 am at the latest, sometimes a little before 5. It's not exactly going to make a huge difference, but it certainly helps. Especially if you have a 9am exam. Even if it's a 2pm exam, I always like to wake up very early on an exam day.

Yep same :smile: I find revising just before the exam really helps me.
Reply 9
I don't..i like to chill and clear my head
I will flick through my notes before an exam but my friend memorised a whole unit in a book before the exam and got an A* I don't have a memory like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending