The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Indian in Winter, Chinese in Summer! India is warming and good variety of dishes and side orders although chinese has some good favorites like sweet n sour and egg fried rice :smile:
Chinese so much varity, ummmmmm:smile:
I don't like many Indian meals, far too heavy for my liking. Chinese food is kick ass, esp the cool vegetarian meals I've tried. *drools*
Indian
as much as i love tandoori chicken, it's gotta be chinese for me. i think there's more variety. plus it still tastes nice when it's cold leftovers.
Reply 6
Love both, depends what I'm in the mood for. Don't think I could choose just one. I've liked chinese longer but I think I like them equally now.
Indian- Chinese food does have a good offer for vegetarians, but Indian food has more.
Thai is better than either for me--like a cross between them both
Really? Is there a lot for vegetarians in Thai food?
Well I guess there's Thai vegetable curry. Although to be fair, I don't think there's quite as many different dishes in Thai food as there is in say Chinese---but it's absolutely delicious. Most of the best stuff has coconut and pineapple in it.

http://vegetarian.information.in.th/thai-recipes.html

But try that for starters:wink:
Wo, thanks a lot for the link!
Both! I love noodles and stuff that you get at chinese restaurants but also love the curries that you can eat in Indian ones. My fave Indian curry is sag paneer mmmm!
Can't choose...love them both. But I'd say Chinese food slighly because there are more healthy options.
i love chinese food, theres just so much variations, between different parts of china!
Reply 15
I don't like Chinese that much, but I haven't had a huge amount of it. I love Indian best - which is lucky - otherwise it might be bit awkward staying at my Indian mate's house!
But I do love Indian, because of all the flavour and scent in their food, it's not just full on spice there are some subtle but delicious flavours too. I love one part of a meal that an Indian family cooks - beef cubes fried in mild spices with coconut pieces - it comes out crispy and addictively tasty!
Reply 16
naivesincerity
Thai is better than either for me--like a cross between them both

Agreed. Thai is amazing and a million times superior to Indian, which is in turn superior to Chinese.
Reply 17
Many people say that indian food doesnt have as much variety and I can understand why - most indian restaurants offer the same thing with little variety like chicken korma, chicken tikka etc etc.

But indian cuisine is known for having the most variety in the world and there are so many good indian dishes, especially the starters like chilli paneer, dahi wada, chaat - most of you non-indian people probably have no idea what i'm talking about. I give some of my non-indian friends some dishes that they dont know about and they absoulutely love it.

Its the same with Chinese, sometimes a get bored of the usual take away but if I go to some of my Chinese friends' house, they give me dishes that I have never seen before and they taste absolutely great.

My favourite indian restaurant is the Clay Oven in Ealing near London - they do the best sizzling chicken and other dishes.
Reply 18
Thai is really nice too - I had the best Thai green curry in a restaurant in Greenwich a couple of years ago and since then I havent tasted any thai food that was that good. I ordered a green curry at another restaurant but absolutely hated it for some reason.
Reply 19
I :love: chinese and could live off the stuff. mmm
i eat quite alot of the stuff :biggrin:

Latest