The Student Room Group

An Idea for a movie about Angor Watt

Are there any movies about Zhou Daguan, the chinese emmissery to ancient Angkor? That would have been great, the could have ressurrected the splendour using his own account and cgi, cooked up some entertaining yarn or drama in his life, and then shot it on location. New details from the recent lidar finds could be added. It would have been great, and hugely expensive. But, Mr Musk, is moving to Mars any more profitable? In this movie at least, Orson Welles will not wear false eyelids to play the great khan, on account of the fact that Welles is dead. Tom Selleck must be distracted somehow.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
As with all of these suggestions of course there are movies about them, go to the Asian cinema section and youll find it in short order. This strange view that these people and places dont exist in cinema simply because Hollywood hasn't done it simply doesn't make sense.
Reply 2
Original post by Napp
As with all of these suggestions of course there are movies about them, go to the Asian cinema section and youll find it in short order. This strange view that these people and places dont exist in cinema simply because Hollywood hasn't done it simply doesn't make sense.

I can't find any movie, chinese or american? Hollywood is starved for new stories. They actually scour the world - and steal shamelessly, mostly from French cinema. I think you will find that they are always looking, but somehow they end up with remakes, or sequel and prequels and reboots. and when I see these words, I am really annoyed. Most of the movies in the cinema where I live are made by hollywood.

New stories that have not been told are in great demand, they are sought after - gold. That does not mean that i am capable of writing the script myself. Writing a good movie script is an art that hollywood has perfected. So in my view, I wish there was a way of directing their attention towards some historical subjects. They could make more movies about ancient rome or greece, but these are also ending up as re-hashes. Like ibn batutta, the chinese diplomants or emmisaries that traveled through asia and a little beyond in ancient are very fascinating. Rome may also have sent men to China?

And, if you move into more modern times, Sun Yat-sen, the founder of modern china, was kidnapped in london!' Personally, I have always been fascinated by the life of Kwame Nkrumah, pan african enthousiast who transformed the Gold Coast into independent Ghana.His story is partly the story of how the cold war killed the dream of african liberation and unity.Then there is the fascinating, yet extremely charming story of the zambian space program.

I also think that Hollywood is attempting to compete globally. It will be hard for them to outcompete Bollywood because of the peculiarities of Indian cinema. And nollywood caters to an audience without cash. So the real competition is really the chinese.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending