The Student Room Group

Mandelbrot Set -V- Julia Sets...?

This poll is closed

Julia Set versus Mandelbrot Set

Julia Set properties 75%
Mandelbrot properties25%
Total votes: 4
I`m curious about how many people (leaving aside for a moment the usefulness or otherwise of them) - think Julia Sets properties are more fascinating than the Mandelbrot set properties?

which would you rather hear a presentation on?
(edited 9 years ago)
For clarity, do you mean quadratic julia sets. or are you opening it up to general functions? (Given the other choice, I assumed quadratic automatically, and only after realised you might not mean that).

If you're serious about the presentation, I'd expect any vaguely "technical" presentation to mention them both anyhow, due to the connections between them.
Reply 2
Original post by DFranklin
For clarity, do you mean quadratic julia sets. or are you opening it up to general functions? (Given the other choice, I assumed quadratic automatically, and only after realised you might not mean that).

If you're serious about the presentation, I'd expect any vaguely "technical" presentation to mention them both anyhow, due to the connections between them.

Sorry - just limited to quadratic julia sets of the form z^2+c

(as they are linked, if they are connected, to the Mandelbrot set, which is why i personally find them so interesting)

Quick Reply

Latest