The Student Room Group

Student Bank Account Rent Payment Issue

Hi guys,

My rent for my flat at university (Provided by Sanctuary Students Student Accommodation) was due on the 14th of last month, however, I asked them to extend this to the 29th, the day after my Student Loan went in.

The rent payment went out as requested on 29th April at Midnight. I checked my bank account and my available balance had updated, and I have an email receipt saying the payment went through okay from Sanctuary. Despite this, the money went back in a day later, with my available balance suggesting that the money has been put back in and I have not paid the rent!?

Anyone know what is going on here? My flatmates have suffered the same issue despite being with different banks. (I'm with Lloyds, my flatmates are with TSB, Natwest etc)

I would ring them up but might even be able to keep the money if i'm lucky! (Not likely) haha.
Original post by C92119F
Hi guys,

My rent for my flat at university (Provided by Sanctuary Students Student Accommodation) was due on the 14th of last month, however, I asked them to extend this to the 29th, the day after my Student Loan went in.

The rent payment went out as requested on 29th April at Midnight. I checked my bank account and my available balance had updated, and I have an email receipt saying the payment went through okay from Sanctuary. Despite this, the money went back in a day later, with my available balance suggesting that the money has been put back in and I have not paid the rent!?

Anyone know what is going on here? My flatmates have suffered the same issue despite being with different banks. (I'm with Lloyds, my flatmates are with TSB, Natwest etc)

I would ring them up but might even be able to keep the money if i'm lucky! (Not likely) haha.

I find around bank holidays the accounts are unadjusted.

Check again tomorrow. Isn't anything you can do about it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending