The Student Room Group

Lloyds denied overdraft increase

I already have a £500 overdraft with Lloyd's as I'm a second year student. I have applied for increase, as I'm eligible for more now, but got denied. I have no idea why I'm being denied. I need this overdraft as my rent is a week before the next loan coming in.
I feel like I might be applying wrong; I put £0 for monthly income since it says not to include student loans. I fill out my monthly rent which gets paid with my student loan, and then I have no dependants. Is this the issue?
I also have no credit score, it has never given me any score so I have no idea why this is an issue. I tried to transfer banks but that got denied too.
(edited 4 months ago)
Unfortunately because students don't have much credit history, some are rejected for no apparent reason. Have you tried NatWest or RBS - they allow switches by second-year students? However, as the overdraft limit for the first term is the same as Lloyds, it might not help your current predicament. Can you approach your landlord and ask if you can delay your payment for a week?

The following article is worth a read:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by normaw
Unfortunately because students don't have much credit history, some are rejected for no apparent reason. Have you tried NatWest or RBS - they allow switches by second-year students? However, as the overdraft limit for the first term is the same as Lloyds, it might not help your current predicament. Can you approach your landlord and ask if you can delay your payment for a week?

The following article is worth a read:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/

Hey, thanks a lot. I did already have an email typed out to my landlord about it but I wanted to hold back to see if I could resolve it otherwise.
Reply 3
Original post by shortinpractice
Hey, thanks a lot. I did already have an email typed out to my landlord about it but I wanted to hold back to see if I could resolve it otherwise.

Tbh Lloyds overdrafts are so extortionate you are better off talking to your landlord.Mine got reduced because I had not used it!So being able to manage your money goes against you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending