The Student Room Group

Accidentally went through a red light :(

I made a really stupid mistake last night when driving and accidentally went straight through a red light. :frown: I don't know why I did it I only noticed after I did it. Thankfully there weren't many people around and I didn't see any cameras flash. What might happen to me? I'm so worried now and can't stop thinking about it... :confused:
Original post by svin
I made a really stupid mistake last night when driving and accidentally went straight through a red light. :frown: I don't know why I did it I only noticed after I did it. Thankfully there weren't many people around and I didn't see any cameras flash. What might happen to me? I'm so worried now and can't stop thinking about it... :confused:

If you didn't get flashed don't worry. I've done it before by accident but luckily there were no camera and so nothing happened.

I just became a lot more vigilant and so I suggest you do the same.
Reply 2
Original post by fallenangel
If you didn't get flashed don't worry. I've done it before by accident but luckily there were no camera and so nothing happened.

I just became a lot more vigilant and so I suggest you do the same.

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to my mum about it and she said that she doesn't think there's cameras in that area (Thank goodness)! Just got to make sure I learn from my mistakes, thanks again.
I would be more worried that you could have plowed straight into another car or pedestrian.
Reply 4
We all make mistakes - don't worry. I'm from Burton/Derby area, I ran one myself, ran a couple of ambers, and taxi drivers run reds all the time. I sound like a really bad driver, I promise you, I'm not too bad!
Original post by Runninground
I would be more worried that you could have plowed straight into another car or pedestrian.

I'm sure they do as well. No point in making a thread about it though.
Reply 6
Original post by Waldy565
We all make mistakes - don't worry. I'm from Burton/Derby area, I ran one myself, ran a couple of ambers, and taxi drivers run reds all the time. I sound like a really bad driver, I promise you, I'm not too bad!
Thanks, that comforts me a lot! :smile:

Original post by DotDotCurve
I'm sure they do as well. No point in making a thread about it though.
Of course, I'm distraught that I could have hit someone, but thankfully there wasn't really anyone around because it was quite late. Also the nature of the mistake would be very hard to do if there were other cars around since the oncoming traffic would have prevented me jumping the red light!
Reply 7
Original post by svin

If no camera flashed then you're safe. I've ran a red light before, accidentally and nothing happened. Just be more cautious next time :smile:
Reply 8
Honestly you'll be fine, I've run a few by mistake in my time and heard nothing of it
Original post by svin

Watch out we have a bad-ass over here! In all honesty, who gives a f*ck, it was a honest mistake and at worse you will get a fine. Jeesh, it's not like you will get a jail sentence so stop worrying.
I've ran about 4 since I've been driving, don't worry about it too much.

You'll be fine.
Not that habbits should be made of it, but everyone does makes mistakes, it makes you more human.

Yep, could have hit a car etc, but you didn't.

It's hardly the crime of the century and was accidental, so don't loose any sleep over it.
Reply 12
I run red lights all the time, nothing happens.

Naturally, main concern is not colliding with other cars/pedestrians than a ticket. Have to be pretty quick and cautious.
Don't worry if there was no camera - you know it was a mistake and you won't do it again. Everyone does it, or as some of my friends do, pretty much slam on to avoid cutting the light!
I don’t if their was a camera
What’s the process do I receive a notice
Reply 16
Original post by Viresh mathur
What’s the process do I receive a notice

A Police van comes to your house and arrests you, then takes you directly to prison where you await trial....

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending