The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by FredOrJohn
If you take the main road from stirling to glasgow (not motorway) you will see fields and fields of "NO" posters..... Each defaced by snp-fanatics.

Nah, some defaced posters? Really? :rolleyes:

Please... I'm begging you save our nation . Vote NO.

Fred, as much as l like you, we will do what we feel is right, the whole of Westminster needs a good shake up and we will deliver this on the 18th September. They cannot be allowed to continue to make people suffer in all 4 corners of this country any longer. We will stop them!!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by c_al
So basically, you don't have any answers, how unsurprising. Given your lack of an answer there, asking you further questions would seem somewhat pointless so I think i'll pass.

l have all the answers, if you're passing Partick stop of at the stall and we'll show you true facts...

the invitation is there... Take it....
Original post by babybuntin
Fred, as much as l like you, we will do what we feel is right, the whole of Westminster needs a good shake up and we will deliver this on the 18th September. They cannot be allowed to continue to make people suffer in all 4 corners of this country. We will stop them!!!!!

Buntin turns into the Good Samaritan. Nought but contempt for the rest of the UK and it knows it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fred, as much as l like you, we will do what we feel is right, the whole of Westminster needs a good shake up and we will deliver this on the 18th September. They cannot be allowed to continue to make people suffer in all 4 corners of this country. We will stop them!!!!!

Absolute nonsense. You cannot destroy a country like a baby simply because you do not like the MPs your fellow citizens vote in. You're not a dictator!

Parliament has been built up over 400 years with all sorts of checks and balances...What you will get in snp-esotia is a dictatorship of manic youths and people looking to make a quick £5! at the expense of the entire island. Get a grip man. Don't sell your soul just to make a lot of noise in the attic on the 18th.

You'll be taking money from the poor in Leicester or Truro just so you can get the "land of free benefits" .... Scotland will be disliked round the globe as people who sold out for money. that is how it looks globally. You'll hardly find one leader in the globe anywhere that thinks that voting "yes" is a morally decent thing to do. Its not its pretty much immoral if you ask me.

Vote "no"
Reply 3986
is a dictatorship of manic youths and people looking to make a quick £5!

please explain how that dictatorship of many people works for me
Original post by Boab
Since you continue to ask about one speech, made six years ago, I will indulge you. He actually mentions more countries than Ireland and Iceland, but you ignore them, but still, lets play your game.

He mentions Ireland and Iceland, twice in the speech, this is what he says...

Let us look at a simple and objective measure of success: the United Nations Human Development Index. Among the top five nations in the world we see three of our European cousins - Ireland, Iceland and Norway. These countries are of course being affected by global forces just like their larger neighbours but all recent evidence suggests they will rebound quickest and strongest from current difficulties.

And...

And the second target, much more ambitious, was by 2017, to raise growth further, to at least match the growth rate of those small independent nations around us - Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Finland and Denmark.
And the lesson we draw from our neighbours in Ireland - the Celtic Tiger economy - where annual growth has averaged more than 6% over the past two decades, is that with the right strategy, there are no limits to success in the modern global economy.

So what he suggests firmly is that small countries fill the top spots in the HDI. Still as correct today as it was back then. And then he suggests that they will rebound quicker and stronger from the financial crisis. Also correct.

His next point was simply that he wanted growth rates higher than we were enjoying. Controversial?

Normally a person only has to ask for a response once. Six years doesn't seem like such a long time when you consider that Scotland could end up like Ireland and Iceland by 2020.

How can you be so blinkered? What Salmond has displayed is total ineptitude when it comes to economics. I just wonder why Yes campaigners continue to compare Scotland to Norway, when two of the countries they used to compare us to have gone down the toilet. Should we not be worried that Scotland could suffer the same fate?

You are a jingoist and nothing more.
(edited 9 years ago)
Absolute nonsense. You cannot destroy a country like a baby simply because you do not like the MPs your fellow citizens vote in. You're not a dictator!
Parliament has been built up over 400 years with all sorts of checks and balances...What you will get in snp-esotia is a dictatorship of manic youths and people looking to make a quick £5! at the expense of the entire island. Get a grip man. Don't sell your soul just to make a lot of noise in the attic on the 18th.

You'll be taking money from the poor in Leicester or Truro just so you can get the "land of free benefits" .... Scotland will be disliked round the globe as people who sold out for money. that is how it looks globally. You'll hardly find one leader in the globe anywhere that thinks that voting "yes" is a morally decent thing to do. Its not its pretty much immoral if you ask me.

Vote "no"

We don't vote them in.. England do... hahahahaha
well England are welcome to them now, they're all yours..
l think you should see your doctor for something to calm you down.

Grassroots movement is made up of people who are passionate ,who believe in their country. Yer naw people is mostly made up of folk who are receiving £8+ an hour and want folk to continue to put up with misery.. "NO THANKS"

Vote YES!!!!!!!!
Reply 3989
[video="youtube;vcwgicrvlgM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcwgicrvlgM&feature=yout u.be&app=desktop[/video]

Beautiful.
Original post by Boab
The NO camp right now...

hahahaha oh don't remind me of their dour grumpy old faces, l see it everyday on that stall... believe this or not, you can spot them a mile away. lol

YES voters are the ones who are always smiling.
If Scotland votes to leave and things go tits up and they want to come back to the UK then if we have to vote if we want them back I'm voting NO.
Reply 3992
Original post by pane123
Normally a person only has to ask for a response once. Six years doesn't seem like such a long time when you consider that Scotland could end up like Ireland and Iceland by 2020.

How can you be so blinkered? What Salmond has displayed is total ineptitude when it comes to economics. I just wonder why Yes campaigners continue to compare Scotland to Norway, when two of the countries they used to compare us to have gone down the toilet. Should we not be worried that Scotland could suffer the same fate?

You are a jingoist and nothing more.

Too funny!
Reply 3993
Original post by _infinity_
If Scotland votes to leave and things go tits up and they want to come back to the UK then if we have to vote if we want them back I'm voting NO.

Lets count up the number of countries in the world that have declared independence, and then wanted to give it up.

You start. Go...
hahahaha oh don't remind me of their dour grumpy old faces, l see it everyday on that stall... believe this or not, you can spot them a mile away. lol

YES voters are the ones who are always smiling.

Can you not see how pathetic this is? You cannot tell how someone is voting based on their looks. I guess this should come as no surprise in the West of Scotland, where saying things like "he looks like a Rangers/Celtic fan" seems to be normal.

I should expect yes voters to be smiling. I'd be smiling if I had been duped into believing I'll be living in an independent utopia in a couple of weeks.
Original post by Boab
Too funny!

This doesn't even make sense. You are ignoring the fate of Iceland and Ireland, while I am suggesting Scotland COULD suffer the same fate. You're not very good at this.
Original post by _infinity_

My friends will vote yes - and yes for all eternity. This Island should stay together. Yes there are separate identities but there are also shared identities. The Federal UK just needs more time to develop and find its feet.
Original post by pane123
Can you not see how pathetic this is? You cannot tell how someone is voting based on their looks. I guess this should come as no surprise in the West of Scotland, where saying things like "he looks like a Rangers/Celtic fan" seems to be normal.

I should expect yes voters to be smiling. I'd be smiling if I had been duped into believing I'll be living in an independent utopia in a couple of weeks.

want a bet??? opening their mouth as their passing normally confirms it..

Don't preach to me, someone who's sat on their arse for 2 years believing No was going to win and disbelieving the truth from someone who's been out on the street for bloody months amongst the real people who matter .

Don't preach to me, someone who's sat on their arse for 2 years believing No was going to win and disbelieving the truth from someone who's been out on the street for bloody months amongst the real people who matter .

Please, at this 11 hour please change your heart and vote "NO".
Do not destory our country .
Do not give in to snp-escotia paranoia. No one is out to get you. We just want to survive as an island people.

Your passion is admirable but misplaced. And don't start with your "real people" nonsense. They are just buzzwords and don't mean a thing. You are a "real person" as much as I am a "real person". Or are you one of these folk who regards "real people" as synonymous with "poor people"?

Latest

Trending

Trending