The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by babybuntin
Even the Polish bus drivers l've seen are all wearing YES badges, believe me when l tell you the YES vote has moved and it will move even more approaching the 18th September.

What a ridiculous post.

Says a lot that you can't answer a simple question from Midlander.

I'm not sure what your goal is when you enter this thread? To tell us about your campaigning while you offer nothing to the discussion and degrade others?
Original post by Hectic
What a ridiculous post.

Says a lot that you can't answer a simple question from Midlander

I'm not sure what your goal is when you enter this thread? To tell us about your campaigning while you offer nothing to the discussion and degrade others?

:jerry:
Original post by Hectic
What a ridiculous post.

Says a lot that you can't answer a simple question from Midlander.

No, it's a truthful post.. take yourself into Buchanan Street Bus Station in Glasgow, speak to some of the people who work there, then come back and tell me it's still ridiculous.

l don't hide behind my computer all day arguing about oil, l go out and interact with the people who live in Scotland and therefore l can indeed say exactly that because l know it to be true.

Now with Obama sticking his ore in to our business as well, that's not really a clever thing to do, because the Americans are seen by many nowadays as interfering and trying to pick a fight with any country they set their sights on.

Scotland will make up it's own mind whether we become an independent country or not and as much as you wish to try and shake it of, the YES vote is not looking as bad as your dummy bias polls are leading you to believe.

(babybuntin reporting from the streets of Glasgow, on the YES campaign trail) LOL

:ciao:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Boab
Because I can't be arsed answering your endless questions which you constantly ask me, as if I were Alex Salmond himself?! Sure, sure!!!

The point was you ignored a post (the previous post, indeed) that completely refuted your post. Thats not even silly, just flat out lying.

Of course, that's what it is. None of the Yes voters here are all that good at answering questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, it's a truthful post.. take yourself into Buchanan Street Bus Station in Glasgow, speak to some of the people who work there, then come back and tell me it's still ridiculous.

l don't hide behind my computer all day arguing about oil, l go out and interact with the people who live in Scotland and therefore l can indeed say exactly that because l know it to be true.

Now with Obama sticking his ore in to our business as well, that's not really a clever thing to do, because the Americans are seen by many nowadays as interfering and trying to pick a fight with any country they set their sights on.

Scotland will make up it's own mind whether we become an independent country or not and as much as you wish to try and shake it of, the YES vote is not looking as bad as your dummy bias polls are leading you to believe.

(babybuntin reporting from the streets of Glasgow, on the YES campaign trail) LOL

Some people sit here and post because during the day they have jobs. You highlight someone's nationality and refuse to explain why it's significant.

Also, actually read what Obama had to say. He wasn't intimidating anybody, though had he come out all guns blazing in support of independence you wouldn't be complaining about him 'sticking his oar in'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Midlander
Of course, that's what it is. None of the Yes voters here are all that good at answering questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Find that quite offensive Midlander, can you point me to a question I haven't answered?

I have agreed with you before that the 'slagging off' needs to stop aswell

Obama didn't actually say anything of note other than 'it's up to the people of Scotland'
It is rich of you to be complaining about posts being ignored-that is your specialty. So an extra few % of oil businesses think independence will be good for them-as soon as it runs out they will be off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are correct when the oil runs out the oil companies will leave.

Which is why it is good that Scotland's GDP per head is 99% of the UK's excluding oil.
Original post by sauzee_4
Find that quite offensive Midlander, can you point me to a question I haven't answered?

I have agreed with you before that the 'slagging off' needs to stop aswell

I asked you why the bus drivers' nationalities made a difference when it came to voting Yes. You refused to give an answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are correct when the oil runs out the oil companies will leave.

Which is why it is good that Scotland's GDP per head is 99% of the UK's excluding oil.

Tell me, what is the Scottish deficit when oil is excluded?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I asked you why the bus drivers' nationalities made a difference when it came to voting Yes. You refused to give an answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you didn't I haven't said a word about bus drivers.

I will answer on behalf of babybuntin though (think that's who said it)

It makes absolutely no difference
I think Scottish independence is a bad think, they will end up divided. Now they say they are glad to be from Scotland then they will say they are either from the highlands or the lowlands

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obama didn't actually say anything of note other than 'it's up to the people of Scotland'

Not true. He is a scaremongerer and the Democrats are now fully fledged members of the self styled project fear. Emphasis on 'self styled'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No you didn't I haven't said a word about bus drivers.

I will answer on behalf of babybuntin though (think that's who said it)

It makes absolutely no difference

Apologies, thought I was responding to buntin (damn phone). You are better than the others here although a better knowledge of the GERS and Treasury figures may help with the stats you cite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yay😊
I think Scottish independence is a bad think, they will end up divided. Now they say they are glad to be from Scotland then they will say they are either from the highlands or the lowlands

Posted from TSR Mobile

The central belt will decide the outcome. It doesn't matter if Fife, the NE, the Highlands and Shetland vote No-if Edinburgh and Glasgow want it then the rest have no choice. What's that, decisions being decided by the most heavily populated areas? What an outrage :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell me, what is the Scottish deficit when oil is excluded?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea, a quick google throws up this report http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_273150_en.pdf

Which states 'Scotland's mainland fiscal balance.. was between 10-18% of GDP. As such, Scotland has a noticeably higher fiscal deficit than the UK, by around an extra 5 and a half to 6 and a half% of GDP'

But I'm not sure what your point is, we have oil, and the same report says the following:

With oil, our deficit 'Has been a relatively smaller one than the UK's'
I have no idea, a quick google throws up this report http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_273150_en.pdf

Which states 'Scotland's mainland fiscal balance.. was between 10-18% of GDP. As such, Scotland has a noticeably higher fiscal deficit than the UK, by around an extra 5 and a half to 6 and a half% of GDP'

But I'm not sure what your point is, we have oil, and the same report says the following:

North Sea oil will run out in the moderate term future, that's why I ask. It also highlights the high reliance of the Scottish economy on a finite resource.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What we've established with that is Scotland's GDP Per Head is the same as the UK's without oil but the fiscal deficit is higher.

So Scotland would have to prioritise eating into that deficit before the oil runs out. We have around 50 years according to most calculations which is plenty time to eliminate a deficit of that size.

One of the pillars of the Yes side's argument is that Westminster Governments (Labour and Conservative) have chronically mismanaged the nations finances, £1.5 trillion in debt and growing and with independence we can manage our own finances, which we have been doing a better job of than them in recent years.
North Sea oil will run out in the moderate term future, that's why I ask. It also highlights the high reliance of the Scottish economy on a finite resource.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Answered myself haha :smile:

It will run out in 50 years. Plenty time to sort that deficit out. In the meantime we have a smaller deficit than the UK
Reply 799

Posted from TSR Mobile

*snorefest*

Yet more nonsense from you.

Latest

Trending

Trending