The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 1 - 20th May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amber May
Thank goodness for that, I though it went ok too but haven't found anyone who didn't say it was horrible I though it was just me, like you though it was a retake and think having done A2 really helped. Simple physics in weird questions.

Other retake people at my sixth form seemed to think it was alright. It's probably just a matter of experience. Having done A2 and got that extra practise and familiarity with answering questions helped a lot I think.
Reply 61
Original post by razarafique
I think answer to mcq 10 is C. Because using the card we are finding the average velocities at two instants (light gates). But as we know g on earth is high the velocity is changing at every instant.

Yes you are right. I have done this experiment practically so yeah length of the card.
Reply 62
Original post by chermaine123
hey guys if I got 4P in that power question , does it mean I lose all 3 marks? or do I still get 1?

one mark for the formula one mark for the values. and hence you screwed up the answer so 2/3.
I think 57/80 at a stretch. Was a horrible exam. After averaging 72-75 in all others, there's no way this will not have lenient boundaries. On one P2 exam, it was 58 for full marks UMS. I doubt it will be that lenient but it proves that it is possible!
Reply 64
Original post by EHZ17
I think 57/80 at a stretch. Was a horrible exam. After averaging 72-75 in all others, there's no way this will not have lenient boundaries. On one P2 exam, it was 58 for full marks UMS. I doubt it will be that lenient but it proves that it is possible!

OMG even i got 57/80 woah hi5 :P
Reply 65
So now that it turns out that the exams was not as hard as it seemed to be, what's going to happen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kaneda
So now that it turns out that the exams was not as hard as it seemed to be, what's going to happen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think Unit 2 will be like???
Original post by Kaneda

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think Unit 2 will be like???
Reply 68
My teacher expects the same **** for unit 2 because it distinguishes better. He said the key is timing.
I should have done it like it in C2... Just never look at the watch and stay calm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LahiruDewendra
How did the IAL paper go? And what did you find difficult?
I found the projectile four mark question difficult to expand on despite it being an easy concept.

Which projectilr one? I cant remember.. Details please??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Physicswhatapain
did you do the GCE or IAL paper?

GCE, was the international paper easy?
Original post by jtbteddy
Which projectilr one? I cant remember.. Details please??

Posted from TSR Mobile

you cam see the questions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHptum7fJCo
Original post by Kaneda
My teacher expects the same **** for unit 2 because it distinguishes better. He said the key is timing.
I should have done it like it in C2... Just never look at the watch and stay calm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh Yay..
why do you think the paper was difficult? it was so easy!
Reply 74
Well... It was different not hard but different you know I've been practicing the for this paper for nearly two years. The style of that paper the type of questions which could be asked I knew them back and forth in my head. Now i was able to understand and answer most of the questions but the paper was so different I was staggered by the shock panicked left out big questions and scrabbled bs and ran out of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blablablabla/
why do you think the paper was difficult? it was so easy!

Cz I've found it hard all Year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you all think P2 will be as hard as P1? Why do they chose this year to increase the difficulty! Especially when all exams are sat in the summer..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
I wonder how abstract they can make it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending