The Student Room Group

Do's & Don'ts for new students

Hi, I am writing an article on the do's and don'ts of student fashion, particularly for new students, and I was wondering what tips people could give me? Thank you
Don't try to show what an original free thinker you are by wearing horrifically garish and outdated clothes, you will just look like a clown and people will not wish to be seen with you.

Do not show off how rich you are by wearing expensive designer labels and then sneering about your friend's tesco jeans, you just look like a knob.

Do: wear t-shirts of bands you like or sports teams you support, its a good conversation starter.
Do not: wear t-shirts of bands you don't like or sports teams you don't support, that's just weird.

Do: wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions and social situation.
Do: wear your rucksack on both shoulders if you find it more comfortable.

Do not: spend an hour agonising over what to wear. No-one really cares what you wear, but they're getting really ****ing annoyed waiting for you to make up your mind.

Do: experiment. There is no better time in life to grow a mohawk or dye your hair green.
Original post by cole-slaw

Do: wear t-shirts of bands you like or sports teams you support, its a good conversation starter.
Do not: wear t-shirts of bands you don't like or sports teams you don't support, that's just weird.

Oh God, definitely this. Whatever you do don't wear a shirt of a band you don't actually know that well or you'll look like a **** when you're asked what your favourite Dark Funeral album is and you haven't really listened to them and then later on discover how **** they actually are when I went to see them some years later.
Reply 3
Wear what you want, if you're into fashion, cool, if not that's equally cool.

Quick Reply

Latest