The Student Room Group

Mini pill help

I've recently started taking the mini pill- cerelle- i had a full pack and started my second so just over a month, i was wondering if anyone could give me some information about it?

The doctor said that some people still have a normal period and some dont, since being on the pill i've had my scheduled period but then a second one 2 weeks later. I wondered whether this was normal? I've also been experiencing tender breasts and sickness some evenings before going to bed which i hadnt experienced before taking the pill.

Any information about it would be great! Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Julia_17
I've recently started taking the mini pill- cerelle- i had a full pack and started my second so just over a month, i was wondering if anyone could give me some information about it?

The doctor said that some people still have a normal period and some dont, since being on the pill i've had my scheduled period but then a second one 2 weeks later. I wondered whether this was normal? I've also been experiencing tender breasts and sickness some evenings before going to bed which i hadnt experienced before taking the pill.

Any information about it would be great! Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although I didn't take it in the end so I can't give a personal experience, I was prescribed another brand of the mini pill (Cerazette) a few years ago and I remember reading in the leaflet that irregular bleeding was a common side effect. Nausea and breast tenderness can also be side effects of hormonal contraception. These might settle in a few months time.

Quick Reply

Latest