The Student Room Group

How am I going to fund myself

Hello
I am pretty certain I suffer from endometriosis & possibly dysmenorrhea. It’s an absolute pain trying to find a doctor to take my pain seriously. I’m constantly in very very bad pain especially when I’m on my period- which effects my day to day life and the pain is so debilitating I usually can’t walk, therefore it stops me from going to school etc. After ONE WHOLE YEAR of applying for jobs I got an interview but I was unable to make it due to me being on my period and I was just in too much pain to go. I grew up on benefits and I know there’s nothing wrong with that but I really wanted a different life for myself, I want to fund my own life and I want to get my dream job but if I can’t even make it to an interview how on earth am I supposed to get a REAL job when I’m older. No one seems to understand I just always hear that I’ll have to handle the pain and grow up and that I’m being dramatic but I always do sick on my period, my flow is heavy which is extremely uncomfortable for me since it feels like I’m 24/7 ****ing myself and i have extreme shooting pain in my legs, lower stomach and back. I don’t know what to do anymore and thinking about my future saddens me
If it gets to the day of the interview and you're having a bad time with your endometriosis I would ring the person that is meant to be interviewing you and ask to reschedule. If they are understanding, they will reschedule. If not, then it's not the right job for you. Being willing, open and honest will always serve you well. In terms of the doctors, keep pushing it and demand that they do something about it and state that it is really affecting your life. There's loads they can do if you have endometriosis, even putting you on the mini pill might be able to help! Exercise can also help with pain management.
You will get there I promise, you have your whole life ahead of you. I'm nearly 26 and there are loads of people my age still trying to figure out what they want to do with their life! At the end of the day though, health comes first and I would definitely push the doctors more. Not getting your endometriosis under control will only make working harder for you.

Quick Reply

Latest