The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Use of polar orbit satellite: Use for tracking, as some places man can't reach.

How many marks
Did u guys gets, Gravitional potential energy and elastic potential energy?
Reply 82
Original post by mathsnerd000
Did u guys gets, Gravitional potential energy and elastic potential energy?

That's what I put, wasn't sure if it was right but it was the only other potential I could think of that would apply in a Mass-Spring system.
For energy change in mass-spring system:

elastic potential energy to kinetic energy to gravitational potential energy to kinetic to gravitational potential energy
for the question on work out the magnetic field strength of the copper wire, did have to times the force by number of electrons?

Because they said it was force for 1 electron
Reply 85
Original post by sour_lemons
I have never messed up so badly in an exam, i couldn't answer half of section B and usually I can get some kind of answer for calculations..but I didn't even know where to start. Section A was equally as bad, In past papers I rarely have to guess but I guessed at least 8 of them! No chance of uni now, i'll be lucky if I got 40 on that paper and I need an A!

Snap snap snap snap.... Ive been in tears... I guess its another year now to resit this!! :-(
what direction was the force acting on the electron in the wire?

Vertically up or vertically down
Reply 87
Original post by mathsnerd000
what direction was the force acting on the electron in the wire?

Vertically up or vertically down

I said vertically down. Just about the only question on the paper I wasn't certain about.
Original post by wofldog
I said vertically down. Just about the only question on the paper I wasn't certain about.

This is a troll surely :P?
Well that was pretty ****. I ran out of time to go back and try some tricky questions I missed out :/ hopefully next weeks goes well to compensate for this major fail...
Reply 90
Original post by abdcefghi
This is a troll surely :P?

Nope!
Reply 91
Do you think it would've been fine saying into the page if i said that the field was acting down and current to the right?
Original post by KingSolomon
No that question is 23...not sure why he said it's 24

apologies i meant 23... 24 was to do with magnetic flux and emf i think?
Original post by SamPh
Do you think it would've been fine saying into the page if i said that the field was acting down and current to the right?

yes. magnetic field acting south (down) current right thus force vertically down/into the plane - both should be accepted
Original post by Geesus2512
yes. magnetic field acting south (down) current right thus force vertically down/into the plane - both should be accepted

Yep I believe I said south too.
for the field strength did people get 0.155T?
I think I put vertically up, because the force on the current (positive charge) can be worked out using the left hand rule to be directed downwards. So I thought maybe the force on a negative charge would be upwards, but I'm not entirely sure :s-smilie:
Also, is "weather forcasting" a valid answer for the polar orbit question?
Original post by Geesus2512
for the field strength did people get 0.155T?

Think I got 0.159 or something very similar :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by Dezza1994
What did you get for that, I got C where the amplitude is greater and the time is longer

i put that too, it seemed the most likely...

Latest

Trending

Trending