The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 German GN4 9th June 2014

Hi! did anybody else do this exam? I thought it was a pretty good paper. How do you think you did/what did you think of the exam paper? :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And nobody replies...
Reply 2
you liked it? i found it horrible lol all of the questions I understood but had no idea how to answer some of them :frown:
Reply 3
what essay topic did you do ? i did der vorleser which i think went ok compared to the first half :biggrin:
Reply 4
I did Goodbye Lenin, and chose the question on symbolism. The film is full of symbols, so I had plenty to write about :smile: The only downside of the paper was part of the text: at first, I didn't even know what 'sklaverei' meant until it became obvious it was slavery XD but after that, I think I did ok :smile: what did you think of the text?
Reply 5
my teacher said prepare for goodbye lenin too just incase i dont understand the question.. but i looked at the questions in the test and im sooo glad i didnt bother, i was really bad at the whole symbol thing essays when we did it earlier in the year :biggrin:
but yeah i just guessed sklaverei. i thought the text was kinda pointless.. the first few paragraphs were about the cook and then there was a page and a half repeating themselves about the exploitation thing where there was like no new info. did you think that too, or did i just not understand it well enough ? :biggrin: and also do you remember what you put for the why is it hard to take diplomats to court or something? i had no idea so i put they live in groups haha
Reply 6
I thought that the first two paragraphs of the text were a little unclear, but I understood the rest. And yeah I see what you mean about the repetition. For the question about the diplomats, I wrote that they are somehow 'above' the law, because they have a lot of power (made the last bit of that sentence up) but in the last paragraph I'm sure it said something along those lines :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by katrina1
I thought that the first two paragraphs of the text were a little unclear, but I understood the rest. And yeah I see what you mean about the repetition. For the question about the diplomats, I wrote that they are somehow 'above' the law, because they have a lot of power (made the last bit of that sentence up) but in the last paragraph I'm sure it said something along those lines :smile:

I put something about they are rarely at home and it is hard to pinpoint where they commit the acts. I thought overall the exam was OK, I did the Goodbye Lenin question on symbols too. I can't believe both of the questions were on symbols in the film! They didn't even have an obscure one about the characters, there wasn't much choice. I thought the listening was horrible, I didn't really get why people went into the phone booths so I just has a guess, I know it was about racism but GAHH. The text was quite nice I thought though.
Reply 8
Original post by shewaves
I put something about they are rarely at home and it is hard to pinpoint where they commit the acts. I thought overall the exam was OK, I did the Goodbye Lenin question on symbols too. I can't believe both of the questions were on symbols in the film! They didn't even have an obscure one about the characters, there wasn't much choice. I thought the listening was horrible, I didn't really get why people went into the phone booths so I just has a guess, I know it was about racism but GAHH. The text was quite nice I thought though.

how did you think you did in the essay? And same, I thought some of the listening was really garbled, meaning that I had to listen to some parts of it at least 3 times before I understood what was actually being said
Reply 9

I put roughly the same thing. I said they're granted immunity from the law.. Which I thought was a bit far-fetched but I'm glad you've said something similar!
I thought it was over all really good compared to past papers though. Although I thought one of the listening questions was a little difficult to answer. I even thought the translation was easier compared to past papers! So overall positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RCous
I put roughly the same thing. I said they're granted immunity from the law.. Which I thought was a bit far-fetched but I'm glad you've said something similar!
I thought it was over all really good compared to past papers though. Although I thought one of the listening questions was a little difficult to answer. I even thought the translation was easier compared to past papers! So overall positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not far fetched, the text said "geniessen" and "Immunität" so they enjoy immunity (from the law) is probably right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by colourpurple
It's not far fetched, the text said "geniessen" and "Immunität" so they enjoy immunity (from the law) is probably right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I originally put they enjoy immunity but I just thought it didn't sound right in English and they usually only like you to answer in good English so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
damn i put they enjoy immunity first, but that meant nothing to me so i assumed it was wrong
Original post by RCous
Yea I originally put they enjoy immunity but I just thought it didn't sound right in English and they usually only like you to answer in good English so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it doesn't :frown: But when you say immunity it does refer to the law, which I didn't actually explicitly write so I hope it's still correct..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by colourpurple
I know it doesn't :frown: But when you say immunity it does refer to the law, which I didn't actually explicitly write so I hope it's still correct..

Posted from TSR Mobile

well I don't remember it explicitly saying from the law in the text, so they should allow just immunity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by RCous

Posted from TSR Mobile

which essay did you do?
Reply 16
which essay did you do?

I did the der Vorleser one about how it not only affected Hanna but Michael as well.
What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by RCous
I did the der Vorleser one about how it not only affected Hanna but Michael as well.
What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the question about the use of symbols in Goodbye Lenin. I thought it was a relatively easy one :smile:
Reply 18
I did the question about the use of symbols in Goodbye Lenin. I thought it was a relatively easy one :smile:

Yea I saw them and I was really annoyed because I chose goodbye Lenin for my oral exam! They looked nice and relatively easy to interpret.
I thought mine was ok though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
how did you think you did in the essay? And same, I thought some of the listening was really garbled, meaning that I had to listen to some parts of it at least 3 times before I understood what was actually being said

I am not too sure about the essay, I tried to get all the grammar right with adj endings as I memorised the tables. Usually my teacher says that I always have good points so that is probably ok too. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest