The Student Room Group

FP2 MEI OCR Official Thread - 23rd June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackle123
Believe me you wont get it both ways.

But I do..! Oh~

*ahem* Well it's only tanh. Can't be dealing with that, anyway.
Though I'd have been a lot happier differentiating that logarithm rather than sinh in either case! :colondollar:

The whole question was worth 7 wasn't it? I'll assume 4 for the first bit, so...
For 3 marks? Nah. That logarithm can go away, i'll stick with my usual thanks.
1 for differentiating sinh, 1 for using identity, another for correct and shown properly.

Now I've said this, it's almost certainly going to have required you to explicitly differentiate the logarithm isn't it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Political Cake
But I do..! Oh~

*ahem* Well it's only tanh. Can't be dealing with that, anyway.
Though I'd have been a lot happier differentiating that logarithm rather than sinh in either case! :colondollar:

The whole question was worth 7 wasn't it? I'll assume 4 for the first bit, so...
For 3 marks? Nah. That logarithm can go away, i'll stick with my usual thanks.
1 for differentiating sinh, 1 for using identity, another for correct and shown properly.

Now I've said this, it's almost certainly going to have required you to explicitly differentiate the logarithm isn't it?

It better be the case because I know how to do it the way but it said the * so I attempted the ln obviously faioed but got close
Original post by dada55
Hmm, I actually couldn't remember that question but it is interesting.

Like you said though, its silly to ask you for an answer by purposefully doing it the awkward way, especially since the first part of the question leads on to this.

Do people doing maths have problems reading. They labelled ln(x+sqrt(x^2+1)) as *. Then they say differentiate *, not sinh y. The question explicitly asks for you to differentiate *, as its much harder to do than differentiate sinhy. WHY ELSE WOULD THEY LABEL IT *, it is quite literally the only reason they have it with the *.

In the first question, they ask you to differentiate arcsinx, so why would they ask us to do it again. It is 100% asking to differentiate the ln, I cannot understand how theres even a debate
(edited 9 years ago)
Why does of matter guys it's been done. All we can do is hope for the best now
Original post by sarahwaymouth
Can anyone post a copy of the question paper? Or do an unofficial mark scheme for the whole paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had a go (attached) but I can't guarantee its 100%, please let me know if I have made any mistakes, and of course there is usually several ways to solve a question.
Original post by topout8848m
I've had a go (attached) but I can't guarantee its 100%, please let me know if I have made any mistakes, and of course there is usually several ways to solve a question.

You wot m8. lol thx
Original post by topout8848m

I believe your last part of 2 is incorrect. I think it is a triangle with area 12 root 3, but im not 100% sure
Original post by Jackle123
I believe your last part of 2 is incorrect. I think it is a triangle with area 12 root 3, but im not 100% sure

Many thanks, I have corrected it and attached.
Original post by velvetcap
how many marks was this question?

also do you reckon i'll lose a mark for not labelling the intersections of my r=Θ+sinΘ graph with the axes like pi, 2pi, 3pi, 4pi? (i labelled the axes as r and Θ though)

The long hyperbolic question was 8 marks.

I think you would, it's usually marked as 1 mark for the correct shape and the other for any labelled points,etc. If you actually labelled the axes themselves as r and then that's technically wrong but I don't think they mark you down for it. You shouldn't label the axis as anything I don't think.
Did any one not see that question 4 part i was a double show that like i did??
Hmm at least this exam went better than M3...
Is anyone able to write up an unofficial mark scheme before they forget their answers?
Original post by googlebotsgoogle
Is anyone able to write up an unofficial mark scheme before they forget their answers?

Someone's already done it, just scroll up a bit, post#254 :smile:
wahooo! So glad that this exam is completo. It was my last exam and I thought it was reasonably nice for an FP2 paper - lots of quite standard questions. However, I know that I got the area of the squares of the hexagon wrong which is a bummer. Oh well! Exams are done - (for this year!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending