The Student Room Group

Hype Ideas- 2014

I'm planning to hold a new hype.

One thing I still need is a few great ideas to consider for a hype topic.

Suggest away, it's your MUN. We can then decide on a popular topic idea and get the hype started.

Your ideas and your interest! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Everyone's opinions and ideas are needed!

:BUMP:

Spoiler

We need all your opinions!
I had to quote everyone for Hype Ideas.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kers123
Everyone's opinions and ideas are needed!

What are your opinions?

For your information, Kiss is banned from TSR.
Original post by kers123
QFA

I'm going to repeat what someone else said, but please stop quoting me. I aim to get involved again in the MUN shortly, but I don't need to be quoted repeatedly. I understand why you're doing it, but it's very, very irritating so please stop.
Original post by toronto353
I'm going to repeat what someone else said, but please stop quoting me. I aim to get involved again in the MUN shortly, but I don't need to be quoted repeatedly. I understand why you're doing it, but it's very, very irritating so please stop.

Seconded.
Reply 5
I had to quote everyone. It is my duty to quote. I don't know who is/not interested in the MUN. I had to do my duty. If you don't find it interesting ignore it. Thank you
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by meenu89
For your information, Kiss is banned from TSR.

Do you if its a perma-ban or not?
Original post by kers123
I had to quote everyone. 1. It is my duty to quote. I don't know who is/not interseted in the MUN. I had to do my duty. 2. If you don't find it interesting ignore it. Thank you

1. There isn't any imperative for any SG or DSG to quote everyone all the time. If people are interested and want to post, then they will do. If they don't, then they won't. Quoting people in doesn't make any difference to that fact.

2. I would do, but the notifications mean that I have to check the quote to effectively then deal with the notification so that if notifications come through from elsewhere, I can see that they've come through. It's not about it being interesting or not, it's about it being irritating. Several members have asked you to stop and we would appreciate it if you did so.
Reply 8
Original post by RoryS
Do you if its a perma-ban or not?

Not for sure, but he has been banned since February/ March.
Reply 9
Original post by kers123
I had to quote everyone. It is my duty to quote. I don't know who is/not interseted in the MUN. I had to do my duty. If you don't find it interesting ignore it. Thank you

Try to only quote people on the Members list, if they don't like that then they shouldn't be part of the MUN as they need to be actively involved or tell me that they're not interested anymore.

Toronto is still part of the MUN but just an 'oversee' type person

Original post by meenu89
Not for sure, but he has been banned since February/ March.

Okay, tempted to remove him as a member for various reasons...
Military Hype Ideas:
*Mirror the current Iraq situation - It could be an interesting one with both Iranian and NATO involvement looking likely.
*Ukraine situation - plenty of scope for a hype.
*Thailand situation - potential for a hype that involves regional involvement in Thailand's military curfew.

Economic Hype:
*Chinese property bubble burst - potentially huge consequences that could make for an interesting hype.

A few ideas to consider.
Reply 11
Original post by Birchington
Military Hype Ideas:
*Mirror the current Iraq situation - It could be an interesting one with both Iranian and NATO involvement looking likely.
*Ukraine situation - plenty of scope for a hype.
*Thailand situation - potential for a hype that involves regional involvement in Thailand's military curfew.

Economic Hype:
*Chinese property bubble burst - potentially huge consequences that could make for an interesting hype.

A few ideas to consider.

Thanks for the ideas!:smile:
I'll begin my Hype
Really thanks for the kind help and support!:biggrin:
Reply 12
How about 2014 Atlantic hurricane season hypothetical?
Reply 13
Original post by kers123
How about 2014 Atlantic hurricane season hypothetical?

This is a good idea however I think Birchington's might be stronger...
Reply 14
Original post by RoryS
This is a good idea however I think Birchington's might be stronger...

I begun the hype here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2714184

Can't I do another hype then with this ?
Reply 15
Original post by kers123
I begun the hype here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2714184

Can't I do another hype then with this ?

Thanks, I'll take a look in a moment.

Seeing as you've started this one now, I'd like this one run its course then start up another one with one of Birchington's ideas afterwards. One hype at a time is good.

Would you be able to change the formatting of the Hype thread's title so it includes '2014/03'? Thanks.
Reply 16
Original post by RoryS
Thanks, I'll take a look in a moment.

Seeing as you've started this one now, I'd like this one run its course then start up another one with one of Birchington's ideas afterwards. One hype at a time is good.

Would you be able to change the formatting of the Hype thread's title so it includes '2014/03'? Thanks.

I asked the mods to edit the title as I can't do it myself.
Reply 17
Original post by kers123
I asked the mods to edit the title as I can't do it myself.

Oh I can do it if you want?

Remove your Mod request.
Reply 18
Original post by RoryS
Oh I can do it if you want?

Remove your Mod request.

Ok better you do before anybody views it. Thanks
I'll remove tthe mod request now!
A World Cup hype could be interesting - for instance, Brazil tumbling out at the group stage (or worse, losing to Argentina or Uruguay) and the riots overwhelming the tournament.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending