The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

What’s the hype around Edinburgh uni?

From my own knowledge, a lot of people don’t really consider applying to Edinburgh uni, even though we live in Edinburgh, they all want to go to either Dundee/Aberdeen or Glasgow. I know some people who applied and got an offer but choose other unis instead, is Edinburgh university really all that hype if a-lot of people don’t even bother considering applying, I know Edinburgh is not the problem because more people are interested in Napier 😂, there’s more hype towards St Andrews and Herriot watt, im guessing the satisfaction rate is lowering 👌
I live in Edinburgh and I'm probably going to either St A's or Durham. But it's mostly because I've lived here for 17 years and I don't really fancy another 4.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I live in London and even though I love it I didn’t for one second consider applying to unis here, neither have most of my friends, yet of course London unis are extremely popular. So probably the same for you and Edinburgh. Most of us like the idea of somewhere completely new for our uni years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending