The Student Room Group

Human Biology F225

Any predictions for whats most likely to come up in this exam?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
After the last exam, I'd hazard that lore stuff come us that's not on the syllabus - perhaps black holes ;D

I'm guessing that from genetics:
Transplant comparability
Diseases
Recombinant DNA tech
DNA profiling

Nervous system:
Action potentials in stimulators or inhibitory neurones
Accommodation
Pain and opiate receptors

Homeostasis:
Selective reabsorption
Producing concentrated urine
Temperature control
Aquaporins

Ageing:
Osteoarthritis
Effects if an ageing population.

Some nasty synoptic questions.

Who knows, this exam is a bit of a gamble in terms of content, but some of the past papers are okay, with other being horrible!

Do you have any notes on colour vision testing?
Yeah for colour vision, is just really the picture they show the patient with different coloured dots to make up the photo, and the need to differentiate between the number and back ground if they have difficulty or visualise a different number they may be diagnosed with colour blindness - there are several types RGB colour blindness monochromacy where they are only able to see one type of colour, i think inheritance is genetic sex linked saw that in a legacy, but now sure if the actual name of the eye exam
I also think that light transmission in cones and rods may come up, and alzheimer's maybe menopause symptoms and treatments not really sure tho, as proven with f224 anything can happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending