The Student Room Group

Annoying customers Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma:-)
Reminds me of the customers i had once at mcdonalds. 2 lads, who were obviously desperate to spend their last bit of money. Asking "what can i get for 50p?" and acting all disappointed when i told them that you cant get anything for 50p. Then they proceeded to ask "who much is this?" and "how much is that?" Ive already told you that you cant get anything for 50p, so im not sure why youre still asking. I suggested they go to lidl, which is just across from mcdonalds, but they didnt like that idea.

Haha oh wow! Obviously they were trying to get you to give them a discount :lol:
Original post by ohhello92x
Haha oh wow! Obviously they were trying to get you to give them a discount :lol:

I think they were just that desperate to buy anything they could with their last bit of money and just couldnt take no for an answer and accept that everything was more than they had left.
In Spain right now and I literally witnessed an English woman shouting "Cheese burger." over and over at the Spanish staff behind the till, raising her voice because they got her order wrong. The simple solution to that is to learn Spanish if it's that much of issue when Spanish people don't understand you, I really wanted to slap her.
I think they were just that desperate to buy anything they could with their last bit of money and just couldnt take no for an answer and accept that everything was more than they had left.

Fair enough
Original post by Durhamgirl96
In Spain right now and I literally witnessed an English woman shouting "Cheese burger." over and over at the Spanish staff behind the till, raising her voice because they got her order wrong. The simple solution to that is to learn Spanish if it's that much of issue when Spanish people don't understand you, I really wanted to slap her.

Oh wow! People like her wind me up.. -.-
Oh wow! People like her wind me up.. -.-

There really was no need for her to be so rude. Classic example of an entitled Brit (brat).
Original post by Durhamgirl96
There really was no need for her to be so rude. Classic example of an entitled Brit (brat).

Exactly! I can only say a few words in Spanish, but if it were me I'd have made the effort to learn what I needed to say to order or actually learn the language (though ngl I really want to learn the language :colondollar:)! But still it's a typical example of a rude Brit who think they're better than everyone else......
Just remembered something which I forgotten to post earlier.
So I've had two customers on separate occasions wanting to pay something via apple pay. They asked if the card machine is contactless, to which I reply yes if the overall amount for the transaction is £30 or under (which it wasn't on both transactions), and their response is ohh well there's no set limit on Apple Pay (which is true btw as I looked up on it, but it also states retailers have a set limit how much you spend before you can use contactless) and they even tried to use their phones to pay for transactions over £30, even though I tried to explain to them before :facepalm: and even on the card machine the contactless logo appears -.- and even one of the customers was like yeah I can use it for transactions over £30, and I just looked at them as though to say well this card machine won't let you as it has the limit of £30 or under to qualify you to use contactless. Customers just baffle me at times.. :facepalm:
So I've had two customers on separate occasions wanting to pay something via apple pay. They asked if the card machine is contactless, to which I reply yes if the overall amount for the transaction is £30 or under (which it wasn't on both transactions), and their response is ohh well there's no set limit on Apple Pay (which is true btw as I looked up on it, but it also states retailers have a set limit how much you spend before you can use contactless) and they even tried to use their phones to pay for transactions over £30, even though I tried to explain to them before :facepalm: and even on the card machine the contactless logo appears -.- and even one of the customers was like yeah I can use it for transactions over £30, and I just looked at them as though to say well this card machine won't let you as it has the limit of £30 or under to qualify you to use contactless. Customers just baffle me at times.. :facepalm:

Haha just realised I missed out a word (doesn't seem to be an edit post option on the newer version of the mobile app :lol:) where I said about the contactless logo appearing, I meant if it's £30 or under it will then appear.. :tongue:
One guy kept asking which jeans he would look better in

Then asked what time my shift finishes, I just said excuse me? And he said I meant what time does the store close haha
Reply 990

I work for Sainsbury's, we're a convenience store & petrol station so were one of the last places to get contactless in the estate. Took us ages to get it, but finally got a new till system where they could implement it and we have no limit on apple or android pay.

Although quite a lot of our petrol stations still don't have the new system so still can't take contactless.
Original post by thatg
I work for Sainsbury's, we're a convenience store & petrol station so were one of the last places to get contactless in the estate. Took us ages to get it, but finally got a new till system where they could implement it and we have no limit on apple or android pay.

Although quite a lot of our petrol stations still don't have the new system so still can't take contactless.

Fair enough :smile:, where I work, it took us ages to get contactless.. :redface:
Just remembered, had a customer who brought back a couple of items the other day. I explained to them the exchange policy, and then her other half came along as one of the items he brought the day before was being returned (which when I looked at his receipt, I had served him). And he then started to have a go about the exchange/returns policy and made up some bull**** and that I apparently said something else about the returns/exchange policy (he blatantly didn’t realise I served him the day before). I very nearly turned round and said that I served him the day before and didn’t say any of that, only because he was annoyed. Wish I’d said something now though :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
Just remembered, had a customer who brought back a couple of items the other day. I explained to them the exchange policy, and then her other half came along as one of the items he brought the day before was being returned (which when I looked at his receipt, I had served him). And he then started to have a go about the exchange/returns policy and made up some bull**** and that I apparently said something else about the returns/exchange policy (he blatantly didn’t realise I served him the day before). I very nearly turned round and said that I served him the day before and didn’t say any of that, only because he was annoyed. Wish I’d said something now though :lol:

Ive had something similar before where drivers are being a pain in the arse. Its usually if im asking them to do something or telling them do something that they should have already done. They are like- "last time i came i didnt have to do that" I think you did mate because i remember you coming here at least once or twice before and you had to. Or "the woman on the previous shift said i didnt have to do it" I can guarantee she would have told you to do it mate, dont lie and try it on. (this especially happens in the first hour or so of my shift).
Ive had something similar before where drivers are being a pain in the arse. Its usually if im asking them to do something or telling them do something that they should have already done. They are like- "last time i came i didnt have to do that" I think you did mate because i remember you coming here at least once or twice before and you had to. Or "the woman on the previous shift said i didnt have to do it" I can guarantee she would have told you to do it mate, dont lie and try it on. (this especially happens in the first hour or so of my shift).

Ah that’s frustrating. I don’t get why customers try and lie for the sake of it when you know what you’re talking about in the first place!-.-
Ah that’s frustrating. I don’t get why customers try and lie for the sake of it when you know what you’re talking about in the first place!-.-

They seem to think that if they lie, play ignorant, act like they know the system or some up with some other sort of ******** then they will get their own way. It doesnt usually work though.
They seem to think that if they lie, play ignorant, act like they know the system or some up with some other sort of ******** then they will get their own way. It doesnt usually work though.

Exactly! Plus you can easily just see right through them when you know what you’re doing....
Exactly! Plus you can easily just see right through them when you know what you’re doing....

Exactly.
When i was new, i think drivers tried it on more, because they could tell that i was new and thought they could get away with murder. That wasnt the case.
I was in sports direct earlier (as a customer obviously) and some customer had picked a pair of shoes for his kid. He hadnt got his kid with him, and wanted to leave the shoes behind the counter until either tomorrow or tuesday so he could bring his kid back another day to check they fit. I dont think he was too impressed when they told him no.
If you are going shopping for shoes/clothes for your kid, and you will need to check they fit, then surely it would be advisable to take your kid!!
I dont know why he couldnt just come with his kid (tomorrow or tuesday) and let them try them on then, rather than faff around having them behind the counter until he can come back with his kid.
Either that or buy them now and return them at a later date if they dont fit.
Exactly.
When i was new, i think drivers tried it on more, because they could tell that i was new and thought they could get away with murder. That wasnt the case.
I was in sports direct earlier (as a customer obviously) and some customer had picked a pair of shoes for his kid. He hadnt got his kid with him, and wanted to leave the shoes behind the counter until either tomorrow or tuesday so he could bring his kid back another day to check they fit. I dont think he was too impressed when they told him no.
If you are going shopping for shoes/clothes for your kid, and you will need to check they fit, then surely it would be advisable to take your kid!!
I dont know why he couldnt just come with his kid (tomorrow or tuesday) and let them try them on then, rather than faff around having them behind the counter until he can come back with his kid.

Ah fair enough. Yeah, doesn’t help when they think they can do that to a newbie.
I work for the company, and have to say ‘no sorry we only keep items back until the end of the day’ every now and again, don’t think customers are too happy even then lol. Yeah exactly, it’s common sense to take your child to try on clothes/shoes if you’re unsure of sizing. Customers really do baffle me at times..
Exactly.

Intelligent people usually have a conscience and do not shop at Sports Direct.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending