The Student Room Group

Call handler working from home

Has anyone else else worked as call agent and despite working from home find it extremely demanding, with high call volumes. Despite the pay being decent. I get five minute break per hour but not in the first or last hour and I get a half an hour lunch break. I feel extremely drained I work from 10am -6pm Mon - Friday. I feel like every move of yours is watched and customer constantly get annoyed and shout.
Original post by Amamya
Has anyone else else worked as call agent and despite working from home find it extremely demanding, with high call volumes. Despite the pay being decent. I get five minute break per hour but not in the first or last hour and I get a half an hour lunch break. I feel extremely drained I work from 10am -6pm Mon - Friday. I feel like every move of yours is watched and customer constantly get annoyed and shout.

My dad is a director of a business, with my Uncle being the manager,and works from home mostly, taking calls from customers. Sad truth is, that it is draining. My dad used to take calls from 2pm, and finish at midnight or even 2am. He did this for 4 years, before switching with his brother (my Uncle), to do morning shifts, 5am till 3:00pm. It is still draining, so I feel your pain. Especially when big events come up and there are shortage of workers, it can be very stressful reassuring customers.
So yes, there are pros and cons when working from home. It is really difficult to manage your personal time and needs when working from home, you almost feel like it's a cycle (groundhog day like).

Hey ho, your not the only one out there, I feel your pain, but if you continue to feel like this, then I suggest to take time out to clear your mind, if possible :smile:
I hope this has helped slightly in a way that you are not the only one, let me know if you have any other concerns :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending