The Student Room Group

Annoying customers Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohhello92x
Oh wow. The guy sounds like an absolute moron. He definitely sounds like a male Karen, sounds like he really p***** off everyone on site. Hopefully what you heard is correct and he is banned. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do kick up a stink with his company

I heard a day or 2 afterwards (from them in security) that his company had been trying to ring him while he was at tesco (by the sounds of it his company had been told while he was still here blocking the yard). But he wasn't answering his phone. Apparently in the end they then sent him a text message asking him to go back to the yard, park up and that he was sacked (apparently he was agency- so it would be easier to sack him).
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Emma:-)
I heard a day or 2 afterwards (from them in security) that his company had been trying to ring him while he was at tesco (by the sounds of it his company had been told while he was still here blocking the yard). But he wasn't answering his phone. Apparently in the end they then sent him a text message asking him to go back to the yard, park up and that he was sacked (apparently he was agency- so it would be easier to sack him).

Oh wow, guess it goes to show how much of an idiot he is
Pure wtf Moment which just sprung to mind. Was on tills at work and was doing a bit of tidying behind the tills and saw a customer approach tills with stuff he wants to buy so went onto the till I’ve been using and he fully goes to me, ‘can you serve me?’ I looked at him like :confused: but was like yeah. Had to look at him for a second before I could get a response out of me :lol:
Annoying f***wit today. Was radioing someone to jump on tills as I was putting a big transaction through the till. As I was doing this customer behind the one I was serving was like can you get someone I’ve been stood here for 10 mins. This idiot of a customer wasn’t there for 10 mins and I just turned round and was like I’m asking someone actually -.-
Hey! I’ve lurked this thread for some time but just made an account to add my own little experiences. I don’t know if I’d call these “annoying” customers but all three certainly stood out.

The first one caught me off guard. It’s my first shift on checkouts at Tesco after being moved from night shift stock. What looks to be a wee family of four come up to my till with three packets of crisps, so I quickly scan them, ask for clubcard, and then tell them the price. So far so good. Then one of the customers hands something to me, and without thinking I just take it. He just handed me his credit card. Unsure how to respond I just stared in confusion for five-ten seconds maybe. It was literally my last customer that day so my brain was just not playing ball. The family, who were British, rushed to explain he was American and that’s when I realised what was happening. I explained to the guy that it’s his job to deal with all the card stuff and that was that.

Second customer wasn’t so annoying for me but more so for everyone in the queue. She had a huge amount of shopping, and she didn’t have any bags with her. So we started off with six bags, which were really not all that big. Scanning takes a wee while but I was able to get through them quite quickly and have a nice chat with the customer. It was clear she was really flustered, and she’d noticed the queue build up. I reassured her it was fine and kept scanning. Then came the vouchers. After scanning her clubcard she had digital vouchers, except she hadn’t actually redeemed them yet. So she’s standing there for at least five minutes or so just redeeming these voucher codes, all whilst I’m starting to notice people in the queue doing the usual tuts and very obvious checking of watches. Finally she gets it done and we’re able to finish up. I did feel kinda bad for her because she did seem super embarrassed.

The third one, he did annoy me just a bit. He comes through with a nice bottle of whisky which he pays for. After he pays for it he does the whole “know what, I think I would like a bag actually” routine. So I grab a bag, scan it, and hand it over. Then he just tries to walk away from the till. I say “excuse me, that’s 20p”. I can’t recall his exact words, but he acted as though I was personally trying to screw with him or something. I’m just sitting there waiting thinking that I have no idea if that bag would set off the security alarm, and even if it didn’t I’d be the one in trouble for giving away a free bag. Regardless, he coughs up the 20p.

But yeah, those were three notable customers at least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending