The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Magnesium
I WILL BELIEVE! I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES, I DO, I DO xD
Being Oriental myself - I think it's only fair to have a thing for Oriental guys xD YOU ONLY HAVE ONE SUIT? xD Oh good, another black one? :tongue:
SHOULD I HELP YOU FIND THAT ENDING?

SHOW THE FAIRIES THAT YOU BELIEVE
True :tongue: I just like any hot guys :biggrin: I HAVE NEVER REALLY NEEDED A SUIT BEFORE :redface: Probably, though I might go for navy blue :eek:
YOU SHOULD, I NEED A GOOD ENDING
Original post by karmacrunch
Are you guys arguing or...? :lolwut::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: No, we just overuse caps lock :tongue:
Original post by z1ggystardust
So how is everyone feeling about going back? Happy/sad/excited/nervous? :smile:

Also how do we get added to the subjects we're doing on the first page?

Feeling happy, sad, excited and nervous. How about you? :P
Original post by WinterApproaches
Loving the Mike Ross avatar dude.
Couldn't keep it in.

A fellow suits watcher is a friend of mine:cool:

I'm not nervous, going to my 6th form at the same school so all my mates are there. Got nothing to worry about will be chill the first week anyway
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ozzie2
Yeah that's true, I mean I don't really get so worked up about how other people do, some of my friends did better than me but I only care about my own results.
I hated English lessons, one of my teachers was really boring and the other one was a weirdo (like I said before). I would be late for lessons on Monday as I had a violin lesson during lunch and she would always get angry, she would always ask me questions in class too. I couldn't not pay attention in lessons as I knew she would ask me something, but in the long run it helped me get a good grade.
I quite like Chemistry, I really liked unit 2 and 3 stuff. Biology is cool, but some stuff is boring as ****, like photosynthesis and plants, ughhhh so dull... I didn't really give up on any subjects myself but I didn't really revise for English. I did some in the Easter (poem stuff for lit and a little on An Inspector calls) but I mostly went in blind and hoped it all went well, and somehow it did even though I expected Bs :smile:
Yeah, she just chatted loads of bullcrap, one time she said that one of her students robbed her car or something and she knew it was him yet did nothing about it....
I was just the quiet person in class who wouldn't really be hated by many teachers, but my chem teacher always asked me questions because I would get them wrong, he was one of those teachers that when they ask you a question you panic and say anything. But in like year 11 I kinda 'became smart' in peoples eyes so he started to ask other people. Your idea of teaching reminds me of my chem teacher, towards the end of year 11, when exams were starting, he kicked some people out of his class and told them to never go back to his lessons :eek:

Oh yeah I'm exactly the same, some did worse some did better but I don't really care cause I know I worked for my own results and not theirs. Gonna work a lot harder for a level though personally think I started revising a bit too late.
I had the same English teacher from Year 7 right up to when I stopped going in the middle of Year 11, she was lovely but I wish I could have had different teachers to keep variety to be honest. Doing the same thing with the same teacher gets boring there was nothing different, English just became really repetitive.
The head of science is a chemistry teacher so before the chemistry exams we had to go in to see him rather than the teacher we always go to. Normally my form teacher would do revision from 7.30am the morning of the exam with you (completely optional - he'd even buy us all breakfast and hot chocolates) and he'd even come in every day at 7.30 the week of an exam if you asked him. But for the chemistry ones even though he came in he said the head of science said we had to go to him. He absolutely messed everything up, I was used to a routine after going to my form teacher (who's the A-Level physics teacher but he's by far the best science teacher in the school IMO) like he'd just keep going over content and refreshing your mind of stuff and it always worked. The head of science made us answer mock exam questions instead of going over content which stressed me out far too much I liked refreshing myself of things just before the exam. My grades reflected it hence why I did far better in biology and physics than chemistry. The head of science put me off chemistry completely.
Oh yeah I went into my English exams blind hahaha cause I hated English :tongue:
Oh as if you wouldn't say anything if someone robbed your car haha haha what a crank!
God what is it with chemistry teachers!!!! Hahaha, picking on people he saw as 'not smart' wtf :mad:
To be fair most exam classes actually want to work hard, it would only be the younger years I'd do that to :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Black Rose
I noticed that you were quoted :woo:

Hehe, and I have the little title thing :woo:
Original post by missfats
hehe xx
History
literature
economics
psychology

aiming for law. you?

Good choices :biggrin: I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and RE plus GCSE Italian :tongue: I'm aiming for Medicine or Natural Sciences if everything goes to plan :biggrin:
Reply 1987
Original post by Mr...
:popout:

:lurk:
Reply 1988
Original post by Mr...
:hide:

Hello!

Spoiler

Reply 1989
Original post by Mr...
Hola!

:teehee: I should be finishing off Math work so no one is complaining :cookie:

But your maths work doesn't count towards your final grade though?! :frown:
Original post by z1ggystardust
So how is everyone feeling about going back? Happy/sad/excited/nervous? :smile:

Also how do we get added to the subjects we're doing on the first page?

Do I even need to respond to that question:tongue:

PM BBeyond what subjects you are doing for year 12
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1991
Original post by Mr...
:rolleyes: Fine, I give you my sympathy

Spoiler

Specially what maths is it?

I :heart: Maths
Reply 1992
Original post by Mr...
It is GCSE Statisics preparation as we haven't studied it before :fyi:

To be honest I despise Maths :K:

Get out now! Maths is love. Maths is life.

Spoiler

Original post by 8472

Spoiler

Indeed it is. :yep:
Original post by 8472

Spoiler

Do you know the product rule and quotient rule yet:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trystalos
Indeed it is. :yep:

Couldn't help noticing you're doing AFM. How's that working?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1996
Original post by Mr...
:getmecoat:

That Shrek video makes me want to-to... to :puke:

Never watched it. :laugh:
Reply 1997
Original post by AlphaNick
Species 8472 has penetrated matrix 010, grid 19. 8 planets destroyed, 312 vessels disabled, 4000621 drones eliminated.

:woo:
Wow, a friend was sleeping over last night and I swear everyone we talked to thought we were high, we were just really hyper on diet coke :lol:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Wow, a friend was sleeping over last night and I swear everyone we talked to thought we were high, we were just really hyper on diet coke :lol:

Diet coke :puke:

Its all about full sugar coke
Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest