The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lyricalvibe
Ocr maths :smile:
How far in are you?

We do Stats 1 and Core 1 and 2
We have Stats taught by one teacher and core taught by another. They will finish by teaching us core 2 together.
In Stats we've just finished regression lines.

In core we have just finished coordinate geometry.
Wait.. wasn't your name an abbreviation of your As subjects?
The letters don't spell out brah :holmes:

B = Biology
C = Chemistry
M = Maths
F = French
M = Mandarin (Part of EPQ)
You remember me?! :jumphug:
Original post by BCMFM16
We do Stats 1 and Core 1 and 2
We have Stats taught by one teacher and core taught by another. They will finish by teaching us core 2 together.
In Stats we've just finished regression lines.

In core we have just finished coordinate geometry.

Ahh, same modules as me :smile: we'll have to pair up come exam time
Your ahead of us in stats :/ we're on section 3
Core we've done everything but differentiation and circle geometry

Original post by BCMFM16
B = Biology
C = Chemistry
M = Maths
F = French
M = Mandarin (Part of EPQ)
You remember me?! :jumphug:

Mandarin is cheating as it's epq :unimpressed:
I don't even know how i remembered that but i did :tongue:
How were your gcses?
Ahh, same modules as me :smile: we'll have to pair up come exam time
Your ahead of us in stats :/ we're on section 3
Core we've done everything but differentiation and circle geometry

Mandarin is cheating as it's epq :unimpressed:
I don't even know how i remembered that but i did :tongue:
How were your gcses?

Haha we definitely will need to!
:colondollar: I'm still studying Mandarin lol
Also BCMFEPQ16 woulnt look right.
I was pleased with my GCSEs, I got quite a few A*s, I was most shocked to see I got an A* in English Lit and Physics as they were my worst subjects.
I didn't get any Bs luckily but I was really upset I didn't get an A* in French, we had a trainee teacher for French as a trail run for our year and as a result our coursework was significantly marked down to what we expected...yay (!)
But anyway life goes on :tongue:
GUYS....I've messed up lol
Original post by BCMFM16
AQA Chemistry?
AQA French?
OCR Biology?
OCR Maths?
AQA EPQ?
Anyone?:work:

AQA chemistry and French, French is awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
AQA chemistry and French, French is awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are!!
Original post by BCMFM16
They are!!

Chemistry not so much, French is definitely better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
Chemistry not so much, French is definitely better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally agree! I really enjoy French and everyone in my set, except a few are like a family. We have 19 people taking French in my year. Normally its only 3-5.
Original post by BCMFM16
I totally agree! I really enjoy French and everyone in my set, except a few are like a family. We have 19 people taking French in my year. Normally its only 3-5.

My French lessons are pretty good so I guess that does help with enjoying it, and the language is cool too :biggrin: We have like 25 or something in my year, and my French class is weird in that we've actually gained people, rather than have people drop out :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
Haha we definitely will need to!
:colondollar: I'm still studying Mandarin lol
Also BCMFEPQ16 woulnt look right.
I was pleased with my GCSEs, I got quite a few A*s, I was most shocked to see I got an A* in English Lit and Physics as they were my worst subjects.
I didn't get any Bs luckily but I was really upset I didn't get an A* in French, we had a trainee teacher for French as a trail run for our year and as a result our coursework was significantly marked down to what we expected...yay (!)
But anyway life goes on :tongue:

:yep:
Whatever you say :rolleyes:
Hah, true, true
Decent, I'm similar but i got a B in french :angry: but i deserved it, cramming a language doesn't work :rolleyes:- but it almost did :moon: i got a d in speaking bringing my whole grade down :frown:
-robert frost
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vionar
My French lessons are pretty good so I guess that does help with enjoying it, and the language is cool too :biggrin: We have like 25 or something in my year, and my French class is weird in that we've actually gained people, rather than have people drop out :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have two French teachers for some reason. One went to Southampton and the other went to Oxford. The teach different units in the textbook which works out somehow. Last year 1 person got an A* and 2 people got an A at A2 no one got below an A in that year. I hope I get an A!!
:yep:
Whatever you say :rolleyes:
Hah, true, true
Decent, I'm similar but i got a B in french :angry: but i deserved it, cramming a language doesn't work :rolleyes:- but it almost did :moon: i got a d in speaking bringing my whole grade down :frown:
-robert frost

Thats a lesson learnt, better late than never.
Original post by BCMFM16
We have two French teachers for some reason. One went to Southampton and the other went to Oxford. The teach different units in the textbook which works out somehow. Last year 1 person got an A* and 2 people got an A at A2 no one got below an A in that year. I hope I get an A!!

We have two teachers for every subject :tongue:
Those are pretty good results, similar to my school, I hope we both do so well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
Those are pretty good results, similar to my school, I hope we both do so well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too:biggrin:
Original post by BCMFM16
GUYS....I've messed up lol

Why? What happened?

Original post by Vionar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi-Five!! We have two teachers per subject too - except for Physics but I don't take Physics, they have three.
Original post by zhang-liao
Why? What happened?

Hi-Five!! We have two teachers per subject too - except for Physics but I don't take Physics, they have three.

I kind of copied and pasted someone's advice on a thread because I thought the person would benefit from it...the person who originally wrote it noticed it...opps
Original post by zhang-liao

Oh, that's weird :redface: I guess I could say I have a third teacher for French, though that 'teacher' is just a woman that comes into school to do conversation classes with us, so not really a teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
I kind of copied and pasted someone's advice on a thread because I thought the person would benefit from it...the person who originally wrote it noticed it...opps

Must've felt a tad embrassing

Not as embrassing as repeating the same thread on a different section and someone finding out and scolding me for it :frown:
Original post by Vionar
Oh, that's weird :redface: I guess I could say I have a third teacher for French, though that 'teacher' is just a woman that comes into school to do conversation classes with us, so not really a teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

So kinda like a random person?

Anyway, just asking, have you started revision?

Latest