The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
I hate C2, C1 is easy but D1 is the easiest I've done so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've heard that Decision is super easy and basically pointless :tongue:

And believe me, C2 feels so much easier once you've done/are doing C3.

Heya Karma! How are you doing? :five::hello:
Original post by strawberrysnow
Heya Karma! How are you doing? :five::hello:

Pretty well! I've handed a project in (Textiles! :ahee:) + Finished an English CAT. I feel as though some weight has been taken of my shoulders! :biggrin: I have homework and some revision to do now. You? :tongue:
hey peeps.:smile:
Hows it going? im new to TSR! its pretty confusing but im sure i will get the hang of it. wot r u guys studying?
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah I've heard that Decision is super easy and basically pointless :tongue:

And believe me, C2 feels so much easier once you've done/are doing C3.

Now I'm scared:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6046
Original post by karmacrunch
Textiles? :ahee::wink:

Really? Wouldn't you just forget a lot of the stuff for A Level Maths if you did it like that though? :redface: Ah kk. :tongue:

I do. I don't like it that much though. :colonhash: + I'd literally die and I'm not ditching any of the other subjects I'm thinking about for extra stress. :colonhash::colonhash:

Wonderful. :rolleyes: I know! + Some of my friends actually go to bed at that time so... :tongue: I did fall asleep though... I woke up at about midnight and brushed my teeth... Then went back to bed. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly you've never seen my attempt at textiles/art :wink:

Probably, but you could argue the same for the other way also :tongue:

I always pictured you as a textiles a-level kinda person, I think you should do it! :biggrin: The stress would be worth it :wink:

That's just ridiculous... :eek: My 8 year old sister goes to bed at like 9/half 9... :tongue: Not sure how you had the motivation to get out of bed at that time to do your teeth :colonhash:

Haha but it's still pretty impressive! We're going through S1 so slowly (I mean it's taking longer than C1, C2 and partway through C3 combined! :eek: )

And well, C3 is quite hard, but tbh I haven't yet faced that much more of a step :P (probably because we finished C1 and C2 in a month and a half, so C3 doesn't seem that much more challenging)

And omg I'm actually planning to do Economics at uni! I'm loving Economics at the moment - it's pretty much turned into my favourite subject xD

Cheers :tongue: Yeah S1 took us like 2 and a half months? We're starting S2 next week I think :biggrin: We finished C1 in like a month and a bit, and C2 is kinda dragging a bit :frown:

Oh that's good! I've heard there's a massive trig chapter which makes me very sad :frown: It's such an important module as well so gunna have to try hard it :tongue:

Ahah I guess different people have different tastes :tongue: You never know, I may end up going back to economics :biggrin: Have you considered any unis yet?
Reply 6047
Got no fooood, and I'm dying. And I'm looosssing controh-ol. 'Cus the hung-ger, I'm just crying. It's so unstatifying!
(sung to grease lightning)
Original post by BBeyond
Clearly you've never seen my attempt at textiles/art :wink:

Probably, but you could argue the same for the other way also :tongue:

I always pictured you as a textiles a-level kinda person, I think you should do it! :biggrin: The stress would be worth it :wink:

That's just ridiculous... :eek: My 8 year old sister goes to bed at like 9/half 9... :tongue: Not sure how you had the motivation to get out of bed at that time to do your teeth :colonhash:

Do I want to? :wink: You said that you're good at drawing leaves though! :rofl:

Ja… but why do FM without Maths though? :eek:

Seriously? Just no. Hell nah, brah... :tongue: It would be so stressful and it doesn't have any relevance to what I want to do. I could just sew and make stuff in my spare time. :ahee:

Ikr! :eek: Idk how they manage it... I'm still doing homework at that time. :tongue: My mouth feels weird if I don't. I just get up and go back. It's only 2/3 minutes. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Don't be! C2 really isn't that bad once you get going it in :tongue:
Don't be! C2 really isn't that bad once you get going it in :tongue:

I've finished C2, it's horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gingerbread101
I think M3 has a reputation in our school as the hardest most ridiculous thing ever created :lol: Thank goodness I'm not doing it :tongue:

But it's very fun. :awesome: You don't look at the world in the same way afterwards though...all we see are velocities, forces, simple harmonic motion... :emo:

:tongue:

Original post by Aph
Si I was lied to?

Yeah...

Original post by BBeyond
I'm doing M3 as well, hopefully it's not too hard :tongue:

Yeah I'm doing FP2 and 3 :smile: Looking forward to some harder modules tbh (starting C3 soon which is apparently a step-up?) as C1 and C2 just seem like a little step up from GCSE.

If you like Maths, you'll love it. :yep: It is good fun as I've said, the satisfaction when you prove a result... :coma:

Awesome stuff. :biggrin: C3 is quite a bit harder than C1 and C2 but it becomes much easier later on. :smile:
Original post by Khadijah489
hey peeps.:smile:
Hows it going? im new to TSR! its pretty confusing but im sure i will get the hang of it. wot r u guys studying?

Welcome to TSR :smile:
Reply 6053
Original post by usycool1

Yeah...

Awesome stuff. :biggrin: C3 is quite a bit harder than C1 and C2 but it becomes much easier later on. :smile:

Oh:sad:

Really? I found C3 comparable to C1/2 last year, not much harder.
Original post by karmacrunch
Pretty well! I've handed a project in (Textiles! :ahee:) + Finished an English CAT. I feel as though some weight has been taken of my shoulders! :biggrin: I have homework and some revision to do now. You? :tongue:

What's CAT? :tongue:

And ohhh what's your Textiles project on?

Yeah all of my homeworks at the moment just consist of Maths (they give out the most homework) xD

And eek I have yet to start of revision - hopefully I will get round to it in the Christmas holidays! >_<

School's great at the moment - next week is the last week and we barely have any lessons as it mainly consists of parties during the lessons. And we have no lessons on Thursday and Friday - it consists of basically watching movies, having house choir competitions, presentation assemblies, form decorating competitions etc! :claus: :snowm: :snow:
Original post by BBeyond

Cheers :tongue: Yeah S1 took us like 2 and a half months? We're starting S2 next week I think :biggrin: We finished C1 in like a month and a bit, and C2 is kinda dragging a bit :frown:

Oh that's good! I've heard there's a massive trig chapter which makes me very sad :frown: It's such an important module as well so gunna have to try hard it :tongue:

Ahah I guess different people have different tastes :tongue: You never know, I may end up going back to economics :biggrin: Have you considered any unis yet?

Yeah there's quite a lot of trig in C2, and even more in C3 *cries :zomg:*

And haha - I think it's mainly because our Economics teacher is awesome and he makes the lessons really fun! :biggrin: and I was actually considering maths at uni until I met C3 xD

For Economics I'm thinking of Cambridge (or Oxford if I fail my A Levels xD) and LSE mainly (as well as Warwick and UCL).

Have you thought of any unis that you might apply to? :tongue:
Original post by Andy98
I've finished C2, it's horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh... well hopefully by the time you do/finish C3, C2 seems a lot easier in comparison? :tongue:

What modules are you doing for Maths anyway?
What's CAT? :tongue:

And ohhh what's your Textiles project on?

Yeah all of my homeworks at the moment just consist of Maths (they give out the most homework) xD

And eek I have yet to start of revision - hopefully I will get round to it in the Christmas holidays! >_<

School's great at the moment - next week is the last week and we barely have any lessons as it mainly consists of parties during the lessons. And we have no lessons on Thursday and Friday - it consists of basically watching movies, having house choir competitions, presentation assemblies, form decorating competitions etc! :claus: :snowm: :snow:

CAT= CA? We just call them Controlled Assessment Tasks sometimes. :tongue:

It was to make a little girl's dress. :h:

Ah okay, really? I wouldn't have expected that to be the case for Maths. ^_^

You have your mocks in January? :biggrin:

Competitions and assemblies like that? I wish... :zomg: Sounds fun! :tongue: Wow. I'm probably going to be working until the end of term tbh. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
But it's very fun. :awesome: You don't look at the world in the same way afterwards though...all we see are velocities, forces, simple harmonic motion... :emo:

:tongue:

I had a maths test today, forgot how to differentiate :facepalm: Was so annoyed at myself, my teacher is going to think I've turned into some kind of idiot
Ugh kinda hating s1 atm, probability trees and Venn diagrams are a pain. We got a homework the other day and apprently the average for a further maths class on it was 60% :/

Also is anyone doing this shares for schools thing?

Latest