The Student Room Group

How can i be more confident talking to people

This is an issue i face. I am have vety little self confidence and i am very quiet when talking to people and i hardly speak to people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Practice talking in front of a mirror until you are happy with the way you sound. Singers and actors do it and it seems to work.
Original post by Doflamingo
Practice talking in front of a mirror until you are happy with the way you sound. Singers and actors do it and it seems to work.

i have tried that for months and nothing has happened/changed
Although certainly not a long-term solution for low confidence and self-esteem, alcohol is always a good solution for poor communication and confidence. Obviously too much will make you slur all over the place but a moderate amount can certainly make you more lucid and confident. The obvious long-term solution is practice, just get out there (i.e. a club, other social outlet) and practice your interpersonal skills. It really does matter if you make an ass of yourself the first time, confidence and inter-personal skills will come with time and success, and with success comes confidence, and vice versa.
Reply 4
Position your head approximately six inches away from theirs and stare fixatedly without blinking. That sort of thing screams alpha male.
Reply 5
Set yourself a new challenge everyday. Start off by just saying 'hi' to someone, or engage in conversation with the shop assistant and then build up to bigger things.
The key to confidence is not deriving your self-worth from other people.
inb4 cheesy lines about not letting other people's views influence you and all that BS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending