The Student Room Group

If a guy is quiet and shy does it put you off them

People think I am really quiet I don't know why I am like this but often can't be arsed to talk to people also have maybe nkt enough self confidence and a closed off personality
Original post by Anonymous #1
People think I am really quiet I don't know why I am like this but often can't be arsed to talk to people also have maybe nkt enough self confidence and a closed off personality

Honestly I think it’s quite attractive It’s nice when a man knows when to be quiet and doesn’t always have to speak
It honestly depends. If you are more of an introvert people won’t initiate to talk to you because they assume you won’t continue the conversation. They don’t see your personality so they won’t know if you would like to talk.
I don’t know if you are referring to school or work but maybe start talking a bit more, start start the conversation with a few phrases like ‘how’s your day been’/‘how’s your week been’/ what have you been doing recently, practice a few ones you can always use. I know it easier said than done but try to be more confident, ask your teacher/colleagues more questions, answer their questions more loud and clearly, walk past people smiling at them and start talking to them slowly. Hope any of this advice helps you
Reply 3
Being shy is not advantage in dating, but nor is it a barrier. You do have to come out of your comfort zone to make a mark though
Personally though I prefer quite guys, you don’t know whats going on inside them and when you get close to them its just more private so find people of your type
Reply 5
The problem with being shy and lacking confidence is that people talking to you will find the conversation is real chore and they feel like they are putting in all the effort. That can be very off putting.
Being very quiet can often be mistaken for a lack of attraction, no dating interest, very poor social skills or having a snobbish personality.
All three of these can lead to a potential date having perceptions of both incompatible attraction dealbreakers and relationship expectations.
Making it very hard to positively stand out from more talkative single guys enough to get dates and ons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending