The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

A2B assignment day!

I checked my emails late and saw that I have an email from my tutor about the meeting for the Birmingham A2B assignment. However, I can't get off my shift at work because I can't get any cover. I've emailed my tutor to let her know. I'm still really paranoid about it though... Do you think it will be ok? I keep thinking they'll think my work ethic is bad and get a bad impression or something ridiculous like that. I'm aware that the assignment will be difficult without going but I really cannot make it because of work.
Reply 1
Original post by kwarner95
I checked my emails late and saw that I have an email from my tutor about the meeting for the Birmingham A2B assignment. However, I can't get off my shift at work because I can't get any cover. I've emailed my tutor to let her know. I'm still really paranoid about it though... Do you think it will be ok? I keep thinking they'll think my work ethic is bad and get a bad impression or something ridiculous like that. I'm aware that the assignment will be difficult without going but I really cannot make it because of work.

You should be okay if you keep in touch via email.. although i'm not completely sure. My tutor isn't available for meetings due to a fieldwork trip and not replying to my emails, so i'm completely stuck! :s-smilie:
good luck and hope it all goes well in the end
(edited 9 years ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by planetem
You should be okay if you keep in touch via email.. although i'm not completely sure. My tutor isn't available for meetings due to a fieldwork trip and not replying to my emails, so i'm completely stuck! :s-smilie:
good luck and hope it all goes well in the end

Original post by kwarner95

Hey guys, what course did you apply for? I've got my assignment title too and I'm really nervous :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by 07at
Hey guys, what course did you apply for? I've got my assignment title too and I'm really nervous :s-smilie:

Hi! :smile: I applied for Sociology and Social Policy joint, how about you? Did you get two titles to choose from? I did, but I think i've made my decision on which to complete :confused:
I'm really nervous too, but you'll be fine i'm sure!
Reply 4
Original post by planetem
Hi! :smile: I applied for Sociology and Social Policy joint, how about you? Did you get two titles to choose from? I did, but I think i've made my decision on which to complete :confused:
I'm really nervous too, but you'll be fine i'm sure!

Hello! I've applied to do International business and no, I've just been given a question. I have my meeting with tutors and professors on Monday and I haven't started to write my essay yet :s-smilie:. First draft needs to be in approx 2 weeks :'(
Reply 5
Original post by 07at
Hello! I've applied to do International business and no, I've just been given a question. I have my meeting with tutors and professors on Monday and I haven't started to write my essay yet :s-smilie:. First draft needs to be in approx 2 weeks :'(

hmm now i don't know if i need to answer both questions or not, and i emailed my tutor last week asking and haven't recieved a reply :rolleyes: i'm attending an a2b day on wednesday, unsure if it's subject related or not (hopefully it is so i can ask for guidance!)
i have until the 7th to submit a draft essay, and i'm just starting today, good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by 07at

I've applied to Sociology, and my tutor is not available. Its sooo hard to write this essay :'(
Reply 7
Hey x I wanted to ask you all . .

Will you guys be using in-text citations and a bibliography at the end?
Or footnotes?
Or both.

Please help :confused: im really confused
Reply 8
Original post by basmaay
Hey x I wanted to ask you all . .

Will you guys be using in-text citations and a bibliography at the end?
Or footnotes?
Or both.

Please help :confused: im really confused

I'm doing footnotes
Reply 9
I had the same problem as you, couldnt attend the meeting so I kept in contact via email just to make sure I get the points lol. He didnt help me that much and my first draft was rubbish, however my final assignment I improved a lot. Hopefully its good!
Original post by 07at

I've applied for Business too, and starting my essay but need help on what to do it about. It would be helpful if you could give some help and advice please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending