The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1181
Original post by ngwareini
congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, good luck with yours too. X
Thanks, i will let you know how it goes xxx
Reply 1183
any website i can use for practising an aptitude test?
Hi, any ideas of which topic came for enlish assesment in LSBU please
Original post by monicanicole
Had an interview on Thursday at Hertfordshire, it was basic maths. GCSE standard. Only need to get 4/10 to pass. I would say definitely revise conversion because on the paper I did many questions involved converting ml to litres or grams to mg. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have mine on Wednesday. Were you allowed to use a calculator in the maths test? What was the English test like?
Also were the interviews friendly? Group interviews or individual ??
(edited 9 years ago)
sorry, just ignore my message
Original post by Vxckyy_
I have mine on Wednesday. Were you allowed to use a calculator in the maths test? What was the English test like?
Also were the interviews friendly? Group interviews or individual ??

No calculator are allowed and the English test was easier than the maths tests. Just a couple questions are asked to test your spelling, grammar and punctuation. The interviewers were all really nice actually. And you have group interviews then your individual interview last

Posted from TSR Mobile
No calculator are allowed and the English test was easier than the maths tests. Just a couple questions are asked to test your spelling, grammar and punctuation. The interviewers were all really nice actually. And you have group interviews then your individual interview last

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for this. Has really put my mind at ease x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Roughly how many people were at the interview?
Original post by Jac800K
Did you get an email telling you about the dates of the interviews? I got one that basically said to keep the last week of Feb free because if I was to get an interview, it would be any day that week (although it wasn't a 'guarantee' of interview). They said to call them if I hadn't heard anything by the end of january so assuming that they'll decide over the next couple of weeks now that they've got all of their applications! I know of other people who have applied but not had the email so I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't :smile: When did you apply and what field?

No I haven't had the email yet :s-smilie: but will probably be okay :smile: I applied on the 23rd of October for Child Nursing! what about you? And how are you doing in terms of offers etc?
Reply 1191
Original post by k83wa1t3r5
No I haven't had the email yet :s-smilie: but will probably be okay :smile: I applied on the 23rd of October for Child Nursing! what about you? And how are you doing in terms of offers etc?

Don't worry i haven't had an email from Cardiff(other than acknowledgment email) either even though i sent mine of early November and some of my friends have! Glad to know i'm not the only one tho! :smile:
Original post by thea1
Don't worry i haven't had an email from Cardiff(other than acknowledgment email) either even though i sent mine of early November and some of my friends have! Glad to know i'm not the only one tho! :smile:

That's definitely good to know :smile: how's your application going?
Reply 1193
That's definitely good to know :smile: how's your application going?

hopefully they'll email us at some point! tho don't know where my friend got it from but she said 600ish have applied and they only invite 120 to interview...so i think cardiff are more selective on who they invite to interview perhaps! Um relatively well ye thank you,you? :smile: where you applied?
Original post by thea1
hopefully they'll email us at some point! tho don't know where my friend got it from but she said 600ish have applied and they only invite 120 to interview...so i think cardiff are more selective on who they invite to interview perhaps! Um relatively well ye thank you,you? :smile: where you applied?

Fingers crossed :s-smilie: I've applied to Leeds, Southampton, Cardiff, York ad Manchester :smile: Got rejected from Manchester, but got a offer from Southampton and an interview for Leeds on Wednesday :smile: what about you?
Reply 1195
Fingers crossed :s-smilie: I've applied to Leeds, Southampton, Cardiff, York ad Manchester :smile: Got rejected from Manchester, but got a offer from Southampton and an interview for Leeds on Wednesday :smile: what about you?

we'll be fine I'm sure, tho let me know if you hear anything! :smile: aw nice, 3 the same! I've applied to Southampton,York,Cardiff, Nottingham and Birmingham :smile: they say why?! but welldone and goodluck for Leeds! :smile: offers from Birmingham and southampton,had interview at york(waiting for them to get back!) and nottigham interview next month :smile:
Original post by Vxckyy_
Roughly how many people were at the interview?

There were like 42 people there, I remember the student nurse saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thea1
we'll be fine I'm sure, tho let me know if you hear anything! :smile: aw nice, 3 the same! I've applied to Southampton,York,Cardiff, Nottingham and Birmingham :smile: they say why?! but welldone and goodluck for Leeds! :smile: offers from Birmingham and southampton,had interview at york(waiting for them to get back!) and nottigham interview next month :smile:

Hi is that birmingham city or uni of birmingham? What did u apply for?
I'm still waiting x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1198
Original post by Maturehealth
Hi is that birmingham city or uni of birmingham? What did u apply for?
I'm still waiting x

Posted from TSR Mobile

The university of birmingham, general nursing :smile: x
Any one who can shed a light on what topic was litecy in london south bank
!!!!really nervous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending