The Student Room Group

Going to Hull Uni as a Mature Student?

Scroll to see replies

I did an access course at Hull college first.

I am hoping to do a Masters after, just need to make sure I get a first so it becomes a little more affordable.

Do you know what modules you are doing yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 41
How many of you are off to the mature student welcome lunch and for those who are how did you book your place ?
Original post by kimd12
How many of you are off to the mature student welcome lunch and for those who are how did you book your place ?

I knew nothing about it, but then only got an email yesterday advising a welcome packs on it's way to me. I reckon there should be some details in there when I get it and yes, sure to be going :smile:

Debbie
Reply 43
Original post by geminirooster
I knew nothing about it, but then only got an email yesterday advising a welcome packs on it's way to me. I reckon there should be some details in there when I get it and yes, sure to be going :smile:

Debbie

I received my welcome pack but haven't got any information I only do I d it by going the new student site and saw it on there it says we should be sent a link to book on it as there are limited places hope they send the link soon.
Original post by kimd12

What welcome lunch is this? Got my pack today and I haven't come across that
Original post by Flower4Power
Good to have the choice ! Adult nursing gives you a broader range of career options later on. We will be on the same courses for the first semester anyway. Do you live locally at the moment ?

Yeah I live about 10 miles away from the uni on the south bank
I got my confirmation today through UCAS and a quick email from the uni, no mention of any welcome lunch or owt like that!
Reply 47
Original post by Smiler84

It was on the new student website were I found it
Original post by Smiler84

I got an email from Hull today with no mention of a welcome lunch either??
Reply 49
Original post by Chad Campbell
I got an email from Hull today with no mention of a welcome lunch either??

Hi i didn't get an email i received my welcome pack and on page 13 of the welcome guide there was a website I went on and i found it there. Here is the link for anyone who wants to see what it says:
http://www2.hull.ac.uk/student/newstudent/hullcampus/w_whenyouarrive/w_mature_pt_pg.aspx
Original post by kimd12
Hi i didn't get an email i received my welcome pack and on page 13 of the welcome guide there was a website I went on and i found it there. Here is the link for anyone who wants to see what it says:
http://www2.hull.ac.uk/student/newstudent/hullcampus/w_whenyouarrive/w_mature_pt_pg.aspx

Cheers Kim. I may go to that, depending on what time I'm supposed to register. I may just go to pub across from the uni haha :yy:
Thanks kim
Reply 52
Original post by Chad Campbell
Thanks kim

It's ok look forward to meeting you all there to if I ever find out how to book a place on it lol. The registration is on 29th September from 10 am on wards you should find out when yours is from your department early September guys new chapter for everyone enjoy this time while you can
Original post by kimd12
It's ok look forward to meeting you all there to if I ever find out how to book a place on it lol. The registration is on 29th September from 10 am on wards you should find out when yours is from your department early September guys new chapter for everyone enjoy this time while you can

Hopefully my psychology department will pull their finger out and let me know soon haha :-p. Yeah new chapter indeed. Least there's people going who are in the same boat :-)
Reply 54
Hi I am classed as a mature student lol
But I will be commuting as I have two children.
I am doin social work degree xx
Reply 55
Thanks Kim, I had missed that info too. Glad I found this site xx
Reply 56
Has anyone booked their place on the welcome lunch for mature students, I just booked mine in the e-Induction would be nice to meet a few people in a similar boat to me :biggrin:
Original post by kimd12
Has anyone booked their place on the welcome lunch for mature students, I just booked mine in the e-Induction would be nice to meet a few people in a similar boat to me :biggrin:

I've just received an email about e-induction, but going away now for a few days so will attend to it next week, will definitely be getting booked on that welcome lunch :smile:

Debbie
I'm booked for the lunch in let sept... Looking forward to meeting others. It's all happening ladies and gents... Exciting!
Reply 59
HI, Im also a mature student(28) starting Social Work at Hull.. Scary times ! I went to uni once before when i was 18 and hated it, so hopefully this time now i know what i want to do i'll enjoy it more! Just a nighmare at the moment trying to find somewhere to live !!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending