The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

com on titanium, you cant slow down aging to the point where you wont ever age.
We are like cars, it doesnt matter if you are a ferrarie or a fiat, both eventually will break down. Also no matter how many services or repairs you perform on a car, it cant last 4ever.

P.S. is it possible to delete a post u made b4?
Reply 41
enjoy life!
Reply 42
:confused:
general-david
com on titanium, you cant slow down aging to the point where you wont ever age.
We are like cars, it doesnt matter if you are a ferrarie or a fiat, both eventually will break down. Also no matter how many services or repairs you perform on a car, it cant last 4ever.

P.S. is it possible to delete a post u made b4?

yes, i dont know how though :confused:
*titanium*

The only draw back is that this same gene happens to inhibbit cancer. We all have this gene and there is a certian trade off between ageing and cancer. Too much of it and you age early, too little and you get cancer in you will probably have cancer by your 30's or 40's

You just can't win, can you?

God: Alright then, fine, there you go, I'll get rid of the ageing gene.
Man: Great, thanks so much, Lord. I knew you'd do it! Amen and all that! (walks away contentedly)
God: (mostly to himself, whilst casually examining his fingernails) Of course, you will all get cancer now.
Man: (turns around sharply) Wha-at?
God: (As if obvious) You don't age, you get cancer instead. What, it's a fair swap.
Man: But ... but why?
God: Well, come on, you didn't think I'd do it for nothing, did you? What do you take me for? Oh yeah, what's that word some of you like to say I am again ... oh, that's it - benevolent. Heheh, that one cracks me up every time!

(There was absolutely no need for any of that, apart from to neutralise my boredom :smile: )
Evidently
Reply 45
This is my honest answer . . .

Is life just a playground ?

That's what life is for many people . . . an enclosed time, with mood-swings, social climbing and sliding, and a merry-go-round to give you the sensations of busyness.

Then maybe you can show children the way to play.

But if there's another life, don't you want to know ?

You may have heard rumours of a heavenly father, perfect love and knowing the truth instead of opinion . . . are these true ? . . . people called "seers" and "prophets" have put these ideas about, and Jesus Christ says that you must be born again to see the truth for yourself.

What do you see ?

The Lifeline

We find ourselves accountable for what we say and do (or don’t do). God says all will give account to him after the body dies. He says we should cease trying to justify ourselves and let him justify us, i.e. make us right by his standard, which is to think and be like him !

He says to identify with Jesus’ death in our place by being baptised (buried under water), and receive his Life - The Holy Spirit. When you receive this, God immediately leads you in an unlearned prayer language:-
“they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2v4,33-39, 10v44-48; 1 Cor. 14)
Now before you is as much of God’s nature as you are willing to allow. People find that instead of weakness, fear or addiction, they have fulfilling purpose, love, and answers that work. God wants to be your best friend rather than your judge. Meetings according to God’s instruction (not man’s tradition) held locally.
If I was totally religious right now, and a good Muslim, I wouldn't mind dying soon. My worries in this life would be over.
Reply 47
justfarhan
If I was totally religious right now, and a good Muslim, I wouldn't mind dying soon. My worries in this life would be over.
Worries are insecurity / unbelief in God.
Reply 48
We are born and we are gonna die thus life is a test.

Put it this way - What's the point of enjoying life if you're not guaranteed tomorrow?

You may receive your lottery winnings tomorrow but onthe route to the lotto centre (waheva u call it) u get run over.
NJA
Worries are insecurity / unbelief in God.
Elaborate..
Reply 50
True you can't live forever - your heart, brain,lungs, nervous sytems are vital
and one day they will be weak and will decline.
Reply 51
justfarhan
Elaborate..
. . think about it
Meh, Once I'm dead it will be as before I existed. I will know of nothing.
It is a bit upsetting tho that all the knowledge contained inside a human once they die just "disappears" sure it can be written down and recorded, but its not the same.

Old age scares me more than death.. Not being able to do things that I can do now.
make sure that you share your knowledge then, yep, learn lessons in life then die and forget em all. what a nice subject this is. urgh yuck, knowledge is ultimately pointless afterall, ah well my quest for knowledge means i can prolong getting a real job for another 4 years, yay.
Reply 54
I believe there is something more to death than just... well, death. I mean more than to the heart stop beating. I don't mean Heaven either. I am more inclined to Buddhist beliefs that life goes on, in another form, though what defines life is how you see it.

I am not afraid of being taken from myself, I am afraid of being taken from others. those that I love. So I guess that's all that bother me, being in different "places" with them, not just going into a neverending sleep, or whatever it may be.

But yes we are all going to depart from this world, or at the very least, our consciousness would. So just live to your most now, take pleasure caring for what you care the most when you have the chance.

Don't give a damn about being either here/there or that sort of argument. Just that while you're "here", live as you will.
Reply 55
Cheesegoduk
. . .
Old age scares me more than death.. Not being able to do things that I can do now.
So your soul doesn't get old, only the body it's in, why should the soul die just cos the body does ?
I mea when your car stops working you live on !
Reply 56
Having had two very strange experiences last year after loosing my grandad and uncle in quick sucession I believe in life and after death. We are not going to die, we are just going to die in our present form, our bodies will die.

Before that I used to believe we just died when we died.

Anyway this is too depressing for me :biggrin: Cheer up :p: You lot are like a Joy Division record :biggrin:
Reply 57
Death is putting of this weak, disease-prone body to put on a glorious form . . . if you want to go with God.
Reply 58
There is nothing more frightened than an atheist on his deathbed.

I don't know if there is a God/Allah/vast pantheon of deities/some cosmic wheel of Karma, but what I do know is that here, on this Earth, people die; naturally, deliberately, suddenly.

I accept I am going to die at some point, but I don't know when, and I don't know how, and no matter how much debate, regardless of the clever turns of phrase people are using, there is no way we can justifiably say what will happen or what happens next.

My advice?

Roll with it. Relax. It's inevitable, but you've hopefully got some time, first...
Reply 59
Traceless
. . . there is no way we can justifiably say what will happen or what happens next. . . .
Meeting formerly fatalist people like you who had received God's Spirit, proving that Jesus christ is alive having overcome death showed me that fatalism is a proven lie, now I can really relax knowing than my inability is replaced by God's ability.

Latest

Trending

Trending