The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Unilets 2014

Okay,
For all of us unfortunate people put in unilets I decided it would be a good idea to start a thread in case you cannot find your roommate(s) anywhere.
I don't think there is an official Unilet 2014 facebook group (at least not yet) so...there you go :smile:
Reply 1
Well I'm currently the only person allocated in my house...
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
How come you guys didn't just wait until more rooms for halls are released?
Reply 3
To be honest I actually like the idea of living in a house, so unilet suits me. Plus, I'm not really up for partying every night, I have done that to excess already haha.
Unilets aren't that bad at all, in fact they have a lot of benefits compared to halls...
Yeah I also thought Uni Let was the best option for me. As I'm in my early 20s the prospect of living with a huge amount of 17/18 year olds didn't really appeal to me, a few is fine tho.

Anybody else on Canford Rd?
Reply 6
Original post by Diamond Liam
Yeah I also thought Uni Let was the best option for me. As I'm in my early 20s the prospect of living with a huge amount of 17/18 year olds didn't really appeal to me, a few is fine tho.

Anybody else on Canford Rd?

Same haha. I will be living at the end of Canford on Wallisdown Road.
I would prefer a more relaxed atmosphere too so I guess the idea of loud halls and clubbing every night doesn't appeal to me either.

I am on Parker Rd, btw...Anybody?
Reply 8
Bemister road anyone? Snatched a nice, spacious double bedded room for £102. Was going to get an even bigger one, but a future flatmate (hi!) got it seconds before I did. Cute looking house, too! I specifically went for a unilet (didn't even bother looking at halls today) because I like my space, a free washing machine and a bit of peace.

Original post by lewiss41
Well I'm currently the only person allocated in my house...

I think I saw you in the overview for a Wallisdown Road house! I was really tempted by that 11 minute walk to campus, and bigger room. But ultimately the cuter house won. Gosh, how shallow can I get?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Vikasi
Bemister road anyone? Snatched a nice, spacious double bedded room for £102. Was going to get an even bigger one, but a future flatmate (hi!) got it seconds before I did. Cute looking house, too! I specifically went for a unilet (didn't even bother looking at halls today) because I like my space, a free washing machine and a bit of peace.

I think I saw you in the overview for a Wallisdown Road house! I was really tempted by that 11 minute walk to campus, and bigger room. But ultimately the cuter house won. Gosh, how shallow can I get?

Haha yes you probably did! That's fair-enough, but for me personally it's all about cutting down on the travel. That said though, it's ages away from the town center...
Reply 10
I'm 18, I wanted halls but got a unilet house because BU was my insurance.

Wondering if anyone is on Sea Road?
Reply 11
Original post by lewiss41
Haha yes you probably did! That's fair-enough, but for me personally it's all about cutting down on the travel. That said though, it's ages away from the town center...

To be honest, you're ridiculously close to the Talbot campus bus connections. I actually ended up being quite close to Winton 'high st', so a pretty sweet spot for day to day shopping. Only 11 minutes by bike to Talbot, too!
chatsworth road anyone???
The most unbelievable thing just happened to me...They just casually let me know that I've have been moved to another unilet (no warning whatsoever) because the property owner has withdrawn the house from the unilet scheme :frown:

I'm now on Alma Road...anyone?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Hiya I'm trying to find accommodation, does anybody know of anywhere that has a room available?
I'm 21 Chatsworth road! no idea who I'm sharing the house with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending