The Student Room Group

Biology/Chemistry - ISA

How hard is the ISA? Ive heard so many people getting E's and D's on it :frown:
Reply 1
ISAs are difficult, in part because they draw on knowledge that is often left out by teachers, and high levels of moderation. However, people can still do well - make sure you understand your experiment and the theory behind it, plus how you can improve it and what conclusions you can draw from it, and you're on the right road. Also be sure to know about the different types of variable, and how to calculate, convert and propagate errors.
Reply 3
Original post by Marcusroye98
How hard is the ISA? Ive heard so many people getting E's and D's on it :frown:

From my experience I've found ISA's to be highly teacher subjective. Hence why they have been scrapped in the education reforms from 2015. Just work hard and use the past papers since they help a lot in exam/practical technique. :smile:
Original post by 06shawm
From my experience I've found ISA's to be highly teacher subjective. Hence why they have been scrapped in the education reforms from 2015. Just work hard and use the past papers since they help a lot in exam/practical technique. :smile:

Does that mean this will be last year doing them?? Im not looking forward to it :frown:
Reply 5
Does that mean this will be last year doing them?? Im not looking forward to it :frown:

This year (2014-15) will be the last year for AS, 2015-16 will be the last year for A2.
Original post by compost
this year (2014-15) will be the last year for as, 2015-16 will be the last year for a2.

noooooo :frown: waaaaaaaaa
Reply 7

Yes so anyone starting sixth form in 2015 will be under the new exam system of all exams at the end of two years, the science exams will include no practical coursework and will be assessed through the actual exam paper. The ISA is a hugely flawed exam. Since some teachers will be help ALOT yet others are pretty strict hence why I describe it as a teacher specific exam. Don't worry too much about the ISA, the exams are a lot more important in comparison since they make up a larger proportion of the total mark.
Original post by 06shawm
Yes so anyone starting sixth form in 2015 will be under the new exam system of all exams at the end of two years, the science exams will include no practical coursework and will be assessed through the actual exam paper. The ISA is a hugely flawed exam. Since some teachers will be help ALOT yet others are pretty strict hence why I describe it as a teacher specific exam. Don't worry too much about the ISA, the exams are a lot more important in comparison since they make up a larger proportion of the total mark.

I hope i get a nice teacher :P
Reply 9
I hope i get a nice teacher :P

Haha fingers crossed :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest