The Student Room Group

Best Savings Account for an Apprentice

Hi all,

I am nearly 17 years old and have just recently started an apprenticeship in software development. I am looking for a savings account so I can put a bit of money away each month. Most of the savings accounts I have looked at need a minimum deposit of £500+ per month, however, I do not want to deposit a lot. Can anyone recommend a good savings account that I could get?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by nathandunn
Hi all,

I am nearly 17 years old and have just recently started an apprenticeship in software development. I am looking for a savings account so I can put a bit of money away each month. Most of the savings accounts I have looked at need a minimum deposit of £500+ per month, however, I do not want to deposit a lot. Can anyone recommend a good savings account that I could get?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Most cash ISAs will let you deposit whatever you want per month (or state that you have to pay in £1 a month or something trivial like that).

Some current accounts offer semi-decent interest, for instance TSB for small amounts and the Santander 123. Not sure if you have to be 18 for them.

An ISA is probably your best bet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending