The Student Room Group

Example of Career/Salary Progression from former Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been having a lot of discussions with some of my friends regarding career paths and I thought it might be useful to some of you here for me to break down my exact career path from Apprentice to now.

In terms of my schooling, I did well in my GCSEs getting 8 As but due to some personal issues I ended up doing poorly in my A-levels getting CEE in Economics, Maths and Physics. I then went to university for a year through clearing to do a foundation in Business Management at Manchester Met but then dropped out to work some bar jobs until I decided to do an apprenticeship in accounting.

I've been in accounting since 2016 starting as an apprentice and I'm almost finished my Accounting degree which I've been doing in the evenings, here's a little look at my unconventional career journey.

2016 aged 20
Apprentice Finance Assistant, £9360 Annual Salary

Completed AAT Level 2
Data Administrator (Financial Services), £18,000 Annual Salary

Promoted to Credit Coordinator, £20,500 Annual Salary
New Job - Finance Executive (Finance Assistant, IT Consultancy), £22,500 Annual Salary
Completed AAT Level 3

Raise to £23,500

Finished AAT Level 4
Began 2 year BA Accounting (ACCA Accredited, max exemptions) at Cardiff Met in the evenings

New Job - Senior Accounts Assistant (Tech/Blockchain), £35,500 total package

2022 aged 26

Raise to £46,500 total package

Due to graduate in July and hopefully become chartered within a year or two.

The first job was based in London Bridge, the next two jobs were based in Cardiff, Wales and my current position is completely remote for an international Software company.

If you're a young apprentice/former apprentice looking for any careers guidance then please let me know if you'd like to chat for some advice.
Reply 1
Hi, I am a teacher who is looking to change career and I am looking into accounting. Is there any way to join not as an apprentice as i cannot afford that. I have a degree in Design and Technology.
Reply 2
Thank you so much,
I live in the East Midlands so i am guessing i will be getting a lot less. Any advise on writing my personal statement?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kieranc995
Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been having a lot of discussions with some of my friends regarding career paths and I thought it might be useful to some of you here for me to break down my exact career path from Apprentice to now.

In terms of my schooling, I did well in my GCSEs getting 8 As but due to some personal issues I ended up doing poorly in my A-levels getting CEE in Economics, Maths and Physics. I then went to university for a year through clearing to do a foundation in Business Management at Manchester Met but then dropped out to work some bar jobs until I decided to do an apprenticeship in accounting.

I've been in accounting since 2016 starting as an apprentice and I'm almost finished my Accounting degree which I've been doing in the evenings, here's a little look at my unconventional career journey.

2016 aged 20
Apprentice Finance Assistant, £9360 Annual Salary

Completed AAT Level 2
Data Administrator (Financial Services), £18,000 Annual Salary

Promoted to Credit Coordinator, £20,500 Annual Salary
New Job - Finance Executive (Finance Assistant, IT Consultancy), £22,500 Annual Salary
Completed AAT Level 3

Raise to £23,500

Finished AAT Level 4
Began 2 year BA Accounting (ACCA Accredited, max exemptions) at Cardiff Met in the evenings

New Job - Senior Accounts Assistant (Tech/Blockchain), £35,500 total package

2022 aged 26

Raise to £46,500 total package

Due to graduate in July and hopefully become chartered within a year or two.

The first job was based in London Bridge, the next two jobs were based in Cardiff, Wales and my current position is completely remote for an international Software company.

If you're a young apprentice/former apprentice looking for any careers guidance then please let me know if you'd like to chat for some advice.

That’s amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending