The Student Room Group

Finance degree apprentiship.. at salford uni

I have been offered a place as a degree apprentice at salford uni at bny mellon is it worth taking the offer? its not the best uni but does the experience and the lack of debt outweight the wage in the long run, any input is appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by frzn
I have been offered a place as a degree apprentice at salford uni at bny mellon is it worth taking the offer? its not the best uni but does the experience and the lack of debt outweight the wage in the long run, any input is appreciated
i'd go for it icl, BNY Mellon is huge
Reply 2
Original post by champgnpki
i'd go for it icl, BNY Mellon is huge
yh i was thinking that but its salford uni innit; after i finish the degree would the uni i went to even matter (in a job sense, if i dont accept their job offer) cuz i have the option to go to a much better uni
Reply 3
Original post by frzn
yh i was thinking that but its salford uni innit; after i finish the degree would the uni i went to even matter (in a job sense, if i dont accept their job offer) cuz i have the option to go to a much better uni
I get u but the fact that u have experience at bny mellon prolly overrules that. Icl tho idk bc I'm basc in the same boat as u, with a dif bank
Reply 4
Would you study an accounting degree were it not for the apprenticeship - did you apply for A+F courses through UCAS?
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
Would you study an accounting degree were it not for the apprenticeship - did you apply for A+F courses through UCAS?

nah i applied a+f bc most places don’t do just finance
Reply 6
Original post by champgnpki
nah i applied a+f bc most places don’t do just finance
Ok - so the choice is to do an apprenticeship in pretty much the same field you would do a standard degree in. Which universities have you applied for?

If it were me I'd probably go for the degree apprenticeship as its a big name company. I might not be so confident were I turning down a place at LSE or Imperial (data, finance course).
The educational partner of a degree apprenticeship is irrelevant. What matters is the company you are working in and getting experience at (which in the ideal situation, will be where you'll be offered a graduate role once you finish the degree apprenticeship with them, as I gather many such apprenticeships aim to recruit their apprentices directly to keep the time and effort they spent training them in house).

Also if your goal is to work in accountancy then where you do your degree is basically irrelevant anyway. It's not investment banking, even the big 4 don't care where you got the degree from. Having a wealth of experience in the field from the degree apprenticeship will make much more difference.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ajj2000
Ok - so the choice is to do an apprenticeship in pretty much the same field you would do a standard degree in. Which universities have you applied for?

If it were me I'd probably go for the degree apprenticeship as its a big name company. I might not be so confident were I turning down a place at LSE or Imperial (data, finance course).
what about manchester for economics
Reply 9
Original post by frzn
Did u apply to manchester for BNY and wen did u get the offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending