The Student Room Group

Medicine Application Help??

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know of any good places to get help with my application for medicine? Just wanted a guide on all of it, personal statements, ucas, etc etc
Original post by liammeredith
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know of any good places to get help with my application for medicine? Just wanted a guide on all of it, personal statements, ucas, etc etc

I'll help you if you want. PM me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi Guys,

Erm, that's kind of what this forum and the wiki is for?
The wiki would be a good place to start.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine
Hi Guys,

Have a flick through the wiki link in the post above and then get back to us with questions :smile:
Reply 5
Hi Guys,

Hii, I'm actually currently a medical student (just finished first year). And last year a few of my friends attended an event called PotMed held at Imperial. I think you should look into it. It helps with lots of random things like Interview, Personal Statement. A few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Good luck with your application! Do private message me if you need any help ☺️
Reply 6
I went to that PotMed course too. It's held at Imperial in London and for me was definitely worth it as I didn't really wanna fork out loads of money that some of the other courses charge for practically the same thing. PotMed's only 20 quid or thereabouts.

They give you individual advice on your PS and theres a mock interview with feedback which I found incredibly helpful. There was also a whole session about ethics and the kind of ethics stuff they can ask in interviews, which again I found so useful cos I had no clue how much depth we were supposed to know about ethics before I went. There's bmat and ukcat practice and opportunity to ask q's and hear from med students at different unis.

Would definitely recommend attending this - it's only a day long course (probs google it to find out the date for this yr but i think its usually in sept) but you gain SO much! And there's free lunch too hehe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending