The Student Room Group

4 a levels in 3 years... Do I stand a chance?

--
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
If you can get a doctor's note verifying the depression, then I see no reason you wouldn't be successful. Really, though, no-one on here can tell you anything definitively. I recommend you e-mail the admissions departments of your chosen universities and ask them how they would consider you as a candidate.
Original post by tory88
If you can get a doctor's note verifying the depression, then I see no reason you wouldn't be successful. Really, though, no-one on here can tell you anything definitively. I recommend you e-mail the admissions departments of your chosen universities and ask them how they would consider you as a candidate.

--
(edited 8 years ago)
They care more about the grades than the time taken to get there. I myself am a retaker and got into KCL and got offers from all top Russell group unis. However saying that you can forget Oxford as there is no chance at all, while they will be sympathetic of your depression they will see that as a reason for the course being too demanding. Also no Uni Oxford included cares about the fourth A-level so you may as well drop something else if it will help you study better.
Original post by Mathlover123
They care more about the grades than the time taken to get there. I myself am a retaker and got into KCL and got offers from all top Russell group unis. However saying that you can forget Oxford as there is no chance at all, while they will be sympathetic of your depression they will see that as a reason for the course being too demanding. Also no Uni Oxford included cares about the fourth A-level so you may as well drop something else if it will help you study better.

--
(edited 8 years ago)
I study Mathematics just finished my first year, I also applied to Bath, Birmingham, Sussex and Northampton. Put simply Oxford will happily reject anyone even those with a perfect track record do not reliably get in, this is your competition. Most university's will give you an offer provided your predicted grades are in line with what they are asking for. I got UEED in my first year so yeah you will stand a chance in the other places provided you get good AS/predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending