The Student Room Group

What everyday things are you addicted to?

What everyday things are you addicted to?
I'm posting this at the bottom of a caffeine slump, trying to detox myself away from teas and coffees at the moment!

My other addiction is social media: facebook, twitter, blogs, news. I read some articles on having a 'low information diet' recently. After too reading too many news articles I feel like my brain needs a defrag!

Scroll to see replies

Breathing, can't get enough sometimes.
Reply 2
I'm addicted to music. I listen to music for almost 2 hours each day!! But I'm trying to cut on it, now that I have many things to do. It's just the idea that you could be too obsessed with something that terrifies me. I don't wanna waste my life on something I can't control, you know..
Tea :nooo:
Routine and order...

And music.
Reply 5
Cereal... I'm sure this isn't normal
Reply 6
Original post by TaciturnPhantom
Routine and order...

And music.

Routine and order sound like quite nice things to be addicted to, do you think you have too much order in your life?

Original post by corax
Cereal... I'm sure this isn't normal

This needs more information! How much cereal do you eat every day?
TV and oranges :smile:
Reply 9
green tea, tea, coffee
****ing Student room.

It's just so much more interesting than applying for jobs I don't want.
Original post by Armadillo
Routine and order sound like quite nice things to be addicted to, do you think you have too much order in your life?

This needs more information! How much cereal do you eat every day?

Yeah, I definitely have too much routine and order in my life. My parents have been trying to break my routines for years and to get me to cope without them. But I end up slipping back into them and the frustrations start again from beginning.

Routine makes me feel safe and everything seem less confusing so it can be quite nice.
Reply 12
Original post by TaciturnPhantom
Yeah, I definitely have too much routine and order in my life. My parents have been trying to break my routines for years and to get me to cope without them. But I end up slipping back into them and the frustrations start again from beginning.

Routine makes me feel safe and everything seem less confusing so it can be quite nice.

Could you go into more detail about these routines?

Original post by MidnightDream
TV and oranges :smile:

Oranges are another nice addiction!
GTA online :teeth: and nephew dearest! :love:
Asda Smart Price 20p chicken flavoured noodles :biggrin:
Original post by Armadillo
Could you go into more detail about these routines?

Oranges is another nice addiction!

I have routines for what I eat every day and what time I eat too. Like bread, biscuits and water for breakfast at 8:30; noodles with egg and pak choi for lunch at 13:00; and couscous with fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel or sardines) and sun dried tomatoes for dinner at 18:00.

And what I wear too. I will only wear certain clothes that are of a dark colour and made of a soft material. They must be loose too and not have labels on them that irritate me.
TSR. I'm at work and all I have done today is sit on here and argue about pointless nonsense. I have surrounded myself with files so nobody can see what I am really doing.

It is so sad.
Lists.
Diet coke.
Coffee, tea, cakes/chocolate, cereal, water, soma, tv, booze (at weekends)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest